What's new

[GUIDE] Ambient Occlusion (NVIDIA ONLY)

Faizaan

Gold Member

(Before I start I would like to let you know that I am not taking any blame if you mess your game up, you are doing this under your own will. Obviously I will be happy to help if it does take a turn for the worst but I've never experienced such thing.)

So I've recently went against using ENB's as I am not that fond of them anymore and ages a go I remember using Dizz Nicca's tutorial on how to make your game look smooth without any ENB. The process doesn't decrease FPS on my half however I got a solid FPS with an ENB too so that may be the case. Here is a screenshot to show you what the game looks like, it may not look any different but once you get the feel for it in game you will notice the improvement:
xNbPSgd.jpg

Step 1: Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html
Step 2: Open up the 'nvidiaInspector.exe.'
Step 3: Press the button circled in red.
MR4eXer.png
Step 4: Search in 'grand theft' and it should come up with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, select the profile.
JCg4B8n.png
Step 5: Scroll down till you see section five, 'common' - click on Ambient Occlusion setting and select either performance, 'quality or high quality'. I would suggest simply using 'quality'.
MmOuziO.png
Step 6: Scroll back up and find the 'Ambient Occlusion compatibility', press the drop down and select (ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Take-On helicopters, ArmA 3, ArmA 2) after that hit 'Apply Changes'.
35INcyf.png

Credits: Dizz Nicca​

Last edited by a moderator:

nedox

Donator
this doesn't mess with either your game or your fps, but still makes it look a lot better. thank you!