What's new

[GUIDE] AHK - Auto Hotkey.

Riggi

Bronze Member
Right. I made this topic, so everyone of you will know what AutoHotKey is. Let me explain. AutoHotKey is a software that allows you to shorten commands. Let's say you're playing on RCRP. And, if you want to /fish or do any other command like /e, /rw up/down, /buy, well AutoHotKey makes things simpler. By just touching a button, you will execute a command.
l4hPgiV.png
WHAT IS AUTOHOTKEY?
AutoHotkey (AHK) is a free, open-source macro-creation and automation software for Windows that allows users to automate repetitive tasks. It is driven by a scripting language that was initially aimed at providing keyboard shortcuts, otherwise known as hotkeys, that over time evolved into a full-fledged scripting language​
HOW TO USE AUTOHOTKEY?
Right, so. I am going to show you now step by step on how to use the autohotkey program.
1. Download the applicationhttps://autohotkey.com/
2. Install the application
4Q9vo5o.png

3. After the application is installed, go to the desktop and press with your RMB(Right Mouse Button), go to NEW and press AutoHotkey Script
HvYdf7a.png

Right, so now this will appear in your desktop
rVVQDP6.png
Right, so you installed the program and it was sucessful. Now lets get to the scripting part.
1. Click on the AHK (AutoHotkey) icon with your RMB (Right Mouse Button) and go to "Edit Script"
gS16ffT.png

2. This .txt file will pop-up. You will see some texts inside. Just select them all and delete them.
Jr7rLF4.png

Right, now its the part to insert what we want in the script. Now here, you must be careful what key name you input. I suggest you to go here → https://autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm, to find a name of a key that you cant find. You use this as an example on how to insert the command.
(InsertAnyKeyYouLike)::SendInput t/(Command you want to execute){enter}.
So, lets say I want to execute the command /FISH, how I do it? I type this in the script.
Numpad1::SendInput t/fish{enter}
That will look like this →
va6L5qb.png
If you want to put more, you just do the same command all over and over again but with a different KEY. Let's say I want to put /ame *Is Hot* and /bank. Its just the same way, only the name of the KEY changes.
Numpad5::SendInput t/ame *Is Hot*{enter}
Numpad3::SendInput t/bank{enter}
After you're done editing the script, you save it, and then double click on the AHK script logo, so it will activate and it will stay as a icon right at the toolbar. This was all about the AHK, I hope you enjoy this guide. If you have any question about this, or need me to write you a command, please, be free to PM me or just type here. Thank you :thumbup: .

yDuco

Maybe also a good thing to add is that if the binds you've created aren't working In-Game that you might want to close AHK script and start it with administrator powers instead.

Riggi

Bronze Member
Wright said:
Nicely done!

Sent fra min EVA-L09 via Tapatalk

Thank you very much!
yDuco said:
Maybe also a good thing to add is that if the binds you've created aren't working In-Game that you might want to close AHK script and start it with administrator powers instead.
Yeah, but never happend to me and I dont think that will happen to anyone, but if it does, I'll be sure to write what you said! Thanks.

Jukebox

Banned
Sweeeet thank you for posting this, I have a question though... Is AutoHotkey better than a keybinder or It's the same thing pretty much?

Riggi

Bronze Member
Jukebox said:
Sweeeet thank you for posting this, I have a question though... Is AutoHotkey better than a keybinder or It's the same thing pretty much?

For me, its the best one and its pretty simple. And also, many people use it, and they suggest you to use it. Never heard for another Hotkey's programs though. And thank you! :D