What's new

Graphic card input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zmajo

Donator
Hello, guys. I'm having a problem with connecting my new graphic card with my monitor. I'm having monitor with only VGA input and my graphic card has HDMI, DMI and DP inputs only. Should I buy HDMI/VGA, DMI/VGA or DP/VGA adapter and would that help?

Matty

Donator
What GPU do you have? Not that it matters, but then I could do my own research and help you.

EDIT: Whatever you do, do /NOT/ use HDMI for gaming, full screen applications will be a pain in the ass, always use VGA/DVI.

Manu

Retired Admin
I use HDMI -> DVI for one screen and DVI -> VGA for another, cost me less than 5 euros for the adaptars. A HDMI -> VGA adapter is quite expensive

rad

Head of Legal Factions
Lead Administrator
As-long as the monitor isn't running at 144hz you're good. Don't worry about input lag or anything of that kind. Just buy the cheapest adapter available; they're all the same.

Zmajo

Donator
Uhh seems like I made a big mistake because I bought HDMI/VGA adapter for like 30€ and graphics are pretty cool, but here comes another problem, when I play any game I don't have sound at all, but when I test sound in realtek software, it works normally. Any solutions?

Bauer

Retired Admin
Zmajo said:
Uhh seems like I made a big mistake because I bought HDMI/VGA adapter for like 30€ and graphics are pretty cool, but here comes another problem, when I play any game I don't have sound at all, but when I test sound in realtek software, it works normally. Any solutions?

That's because HDMI can also transfer audio but VGA is an analog signal that only transfers video, not audio.

dex

Donator
Zmajo said:

30 euros for an adapter? yikes. The only solution there is, is to plug headphones or speakers into your computer. You're not gonna get audio through VGA.

Zmajo

Donator
Yeah, sound is now transfered by HDMI and it's supposed to come from monitor, how am I supposed to switch it back to speakers/headphones?

JOXiKiG.png

EDIT: I have managed to fix sound settings and everything works fine now, thanks for all suggestions and help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.