What's new

Getting to the test

Status
Not open for further replies.

commanderspock13

Hello all! I made an account today and am VERY excited about playing and getting to know y'all! Except, I cannot seem to get in! Ok, so here's the story. I made an account here on the forums, had the SA-MP client downloaded, and fed in y'all's numbers. It worked great, I fired it up, and it said "SA-MP 0.3c Started" "Connecting to [Y'alls IP]..." "The server didn't respond. Retrying.."" ... Then "Connecting to [Your numbers again]..." then "You are banned from this server." On subsequent more recent attempts I get that about 2/3 of the time and the other third I get the same first 2 then "Connected. Joining the game..." and then "CONNECTION REJECTED: Unacceptable NickName Please choose another nick between and 3-20 characters Please use only a-z, A-Z, 0-9 Use /quit to exit or press ESC and select quit game"

I'd be more than happy to change my nick, except, I haven't the slightest clue how; Or even what it is!

-Matt "commanderspock13"
Thanks in advance for the help!

Neku

Donator
If your nickname/character for joining RC-RP is something like, "j3ff_preston," that is rather unacceptable. Go back to the SA-MP client and change it to, "Jeff Preston," that'll work just fine.

And the "You are banned from this server" is a typical bug, the server may have some problems currently, so try again later, possibly try connecting every 3-5 minutes. ^^

commanderspock13

Neku said:
And the "You are banned from this server" is a typical bug, the server may have some problems currently, so try again later, possibly try connecting every 3-5 minutes. ^^

Ok, is there a reconnect command so I don't have to close and restart the program every time? =P

Matthew "Jackson"

Fleur

Retired Admin
commanderspock13 said:
Neku said:

Ok, is there a reconnect command so I don't have to close and restart the program every time? =P

Matthew "Jackson"

Erm, nopies. You'd have to reconnect manually by closing GTA etc.
Just a reminder, this is an RP server - so you'd have to use an RP name, which is pretty much a name you'd expect a normal person to have.
The format's Firstname_Lastname.
So no Magic_Missile, Diamond_Shield or Magic_Johnson.
Rather, get something like David_Cutler, Justin_Port or Michael_Jeffrey.

Read up on a few RP guides when you're free so you'll get a better feel of an RP server,
if you need any help - we'll be more than happy to assist you.
Good luck and have fun.

Mr. Koool

Donator
I think I know what the problem is, I've had the same problem when I was new. The problem was that there was already someone ONLINE with the SAME name that I was trying to join with. So the chances are, there's another Matthew_Jackson who was online when you tried registering.

Status
Not open for further replies.