What's new

Gamepad help for SAMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
Hey, well, i've just bought a Xbox 360 Gamepad with the PC drivers etc, and i've installed it and all. But at the moment the only thing that works is the steering for the left stick, and i've remapped the accelerate etc on the A and B buttons. I'm trying to find an application or mod that lets you use the triggers in-game for accelerating/braking purposes just like the consoles. But haven't had any luck.

If anyone can help me setting this up i'd greatly appreciate it!

Foster

Retired Admin
lol have you played GTA SA on the console? You don't drive with the triggers? There is no controllable acceleration rate?

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
Foster said:
lol have you played GTA SA on the console? You don't drive with the triggers? There is no controllable acceleration rate?
Playing GTA SA on the 360 does use the triggers as acceleration and braking, I even played it earlier to test it xD I'm not talking about controllable acceleration, I mean in general. Because when I edit the controls and hit the triggers to change the controls, it doesn't set anything.

Nick

Donator
TENxF00TxM1DGET said:
Foster said:
Playing GTA SA on the 360 does use the triggers as acceleration and braking, I even played it earlier to test it xD I'm not talking about controllable acceleration, I mean in general. Because when I edit the controls and hit the triggers to change the controls, it doesn't set anything.
That's possibly a newer version of GTA SA (2 or 3? Idk), the good old one that I use on samp certainly didn't/doesn't use triggers. No idea if that means anything or.....?

Robert

Retired Admin
I remember when I used X-Padder a year back when I first join the SASP. The triggers worked, but none of the face buttons worked (A, B, X, Y). It didn't work in the last SA-MP update, so I just went back to keyboard

Try using X-Padder again and see where that takes it.

And Mark, is that a confirmed feature? I'd hate to see them remove it as Steam recently revised their compatability.

JacenM

Donator
Actually to correct the second post, there is controllable acceleration on the PS2 version, as it supports the pressure sensitive buttons of the Dualshock 2. The only thing that is pressure sensitive on the Xbox 360 controller are the LT and RT buttons, hence why they may have changed the controls for that system.

Giga

Donator
You'll need a third party key mapping software such as TempestFox's X-Padder to make it somehow work. A "key mapping software" is some type of software that can map certain keys to another key. Example, if you want to input 'R' to the computer, you can map it so you can press the '1' key instead of R. An example for gamepads is, for shooting, if you press the R1 button in a PS2 controller, it will input the LMB key to the computer. (the usual shoot key for games such as GTA:SA)

I have previously used Pinnacle Game Profiler for a PS2 controller. I'm not sure about Xbox controller but I think it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.