What's new

Forum Namechange Req's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Retired Admin
Josh Blake said:
No, there could be a spot on the profile with previous names, also the PM would display the new name lol, and because profiles use IDs, it would never change. Bad point ^

Bullsh*t, it's a good point. That's what Alec actually stated when I asked him (201408 years ago) why we don't change forum names. "Because we can't keep track of 'em". So in other words, Ashley is right. That's the reason. So Josh if it's that easy to display previous forum names in a php forum go ahead and write us a php script that works with our version of forum (phpbb) based on php code. Let's see how long that takes.

AshleyAcidix

Donator
Jazz said:
Josh Blake said:
No, there could be a spot on the profile with previous names, also the PM would display the new name lol, and because profiles use IDs, it would never change. Bad point ^

Bullsh*t, it's a good point. That's what Alec actually stated when I asked him (201408 years ago) why we don't change forum names. "Because we can't keep track of 'em". So in other words, Ashley is right. That's the reason. So Josh if it's that easy to display previous forum names in a php forum go ahead and write us a php script that works with our version of forum (phpbb) based on php code. Let's see how long that takes.
Thank's, and as Josh said yes you can get a list of them but what's stopping someone else from changing there forum name to someone's old forum name? then it would just be crazy. and plus there would be no way you would be able to keep track and as Jazz said with the coding for a phpbb based code...good luck.

Daniel_Jericho

Donator
I asked in a support ticket a long time ago, and Daniel replied that it was indeed unfair that other people's name gets changed without a '?'.
So well, I got on with it, but I noticed that people's name got changed more and more, so I was like WTF, but thanks for clearing it up for others Jazzy!

Rycka

Banned
Some people have their names for an example ''josh_morris'' and they might not feel good having such a name. Just make a new forum account, end of story.

iRyan

Donator
Wait so you're telling me my forum name isn't going to be changed to JustinBieber? u wot m8 i was looking forward to that.

Don_Vincent

Donator
One and only thing -

RC-RP should not be North Korea. If I can easily change my name IG after a ck to change character and start a totally new RP era of mine, I should be able to change my forum name, to avoid some OOC MG'ers doin" oh, i remember you from before because this is your forum name so gtfo" .

I mean, I do not find why this is such a big deal, when there are not too many ban evaders anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.