What's new

Factions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eirik

First of all I'd like to say sorry, but this is gonna be a long post. And secondly, thank you for reading if you do. You could jump to the last paragraph if you'd like, to get the questions, but reading might help you understand more. Now to the point of the thread.

Originally when I started playing here, I had the full intention on trying to build a gang, but the more time I spend in game, and more I've looked over the forum, I came to realize, there are already way too many gangs for me to go trying to make one too, lol. So then I started thinking up some ideas based on personal life experience, while reading about legal factions a bit at a time. Quite a few ideas sprung to mind for stuff I thought would be useful as factions to create more role play experience, but I questioned a few ideas as they might conflict with current factions. At the same time, I came to realize that me being able to take part in some of the current legal factions would present some issues, mainly due to the fact that the ones I was interested in more require TeamSpeak.

It's not that I don't desire to use TeamSpeak, in all honesty, it would just cause conflict. To try and give an understanding without getting to much into details... A few years ago, I ran into a few personal health issues, which impaired my day to day living quite a bit, and in turn, has taken a toll on my memory and multi tasking abilities. For me, typing and reading, while listening and speaking isn't something I can do easy, and can often lead to headaches and confusion. Naturally, while I'm reading and typing, anyone who might be talking to me isn't gonna be acknowledged properly, it just doesn't register to me, so with the factions requiring TeamSpeak, I'm assuming it's because they do a lot of communication with it, which could lead to issues with me performing requested actions in the faction. Hopefully whoever is reading gets what I'm talking about.

Now onto the topic of thoughts I had. Originally I was thinking of trying to put together a small Security Faction, this is due to the fact that I am Licensed to work in Security IRL, and in conjunction with such, have a great deal of knowledge with Canadian Laws (which are pretty much almost identical to American), ranging from categories like Criminal Code (equavalent to Penal Code of Law), Powers of Arrest (Miranda Rights), Tort Law, Use of Force, and so on... However, I've questioned if trying this is worth it, since Axiom already basically deals with such. I thought perhaps offering additional security services they don't to make it more acceptable, but then figured, perhaps it just wasn't enough.

After that, I started thinking about First Aid/CPR (as I'm licenced under the Canadian Red Cross), thinking perhaps some sort of small faction could be made for the purpose of offering certification training to common citizens within the game, so they may roleplay assistance while waiting for Paramedics. Let's face it, in a situation of cardiac arrest, it takes mere minutes for severe brain damage and death to occur, so adding such a thing would help boost some role play experience. Then I thought to myself, maybe it would be better for the RCFD to just offer a small service like that, or perhaps have it go through SADVLA, seeing if Alec could add a license for it.

Needles to say, after those I started brain storming more, and thought to myself... I see a lot of Cabbie's driving like lunatics... Sometimes I see players using cabs for per personal use... And on top of that, the bus job isn't very popular, which results in it not being available for new players to get around for cheap. Why not see about jump starting the Red County Department of Public Transportation (RC Transpo). With this, perhaps 2 different bus routes could be made to run at certain times, in opposite directions, giving new characters a method of cheap transportation around the more populated (active) towns. Then I started thinking, technically this is a Government Agency, which right now isn't being accepted, so I didn't know what to do in regards to mentioning the idea, don't really wanna message Alec bothering him.

After that, I then came to the big question I don't know why I didn't think of first... Property... I don't know if when a Faction idea is accepted, if a main office is scripted for use, or if the player is required to go and buy one (e.g: Cabbie Co currently held by A&K), in which case, if that's required, no way in hell my meager 260k is gonna get me far, lol.

Anyway, aside from that, I also noticed the Angel pine Sawmill, which with a bit of additional scripting (which I could assist with to some extent), could add some more role play, and maybe bring some attention to the dead town...

But yah, to sum it all up, I'm basically wondering, would I be required to have loads of cash to buy an A&K property for a business? Or would it be something that could be accepted given I made a really indepth faction application. Also, would making a small faction that offered services similar to other factions be allowed? or just dismissed. And ofc... Is there anyway current factions might make an exception where TeamSpeak is concerned? Assuming not likely, but it's worth asking.

xVladx

Donator
RCPD is the only one that requires teamspeak as far as I know. Sorry but they won't accept anyone without teamspeak and for good reasons, since we communicate way too much over it, it's like our primary radio. A cop without his radio is pretty much a dead cop in a firefight, and I don't think you'll get enough time to start typing while chasing someone or actually while being shot at. For FD you need teamspeak too, but not as much as for the PD, since you don't really require a microphone too.

There was already an actual faction called Cabbie Co., so yeah... driving Taxis wasn't a job before but rather an actual faction, and it didn't seem to work out, and it won't because people will just keep on hotwiring vehicles rather than paying anything.

You can make another faction that gives the same services as other factions, since in real life there's more than 1 company that offers the same service, but maybe with different prices, etc.
Many good RP ideas for business might never workout because of the laziness of other people, and not wanting to RP at times.

Eirik

True enough, guess being PD with verbal communication could be an issue. Shame the whole cabbie thing didn't workout, I know I for one would take buses and stuff if they ran more often, and call cabs if I knew the cabbies would drive sensible and not kill me, lol, but I guess some people are just more focused on getting rich and shooting guns.

If anyone else has more info on my post, like whether property may be given for a company if accepted, or whether it would have to be purchased, would help in my planning process.

And thanks for taking the time to read Vlad.

Inferno

Donator
:locked3: and Archived.
Answer was given and there were no further questions, if you wish to re-open this PM me and I'll move it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.