What's new

Faction Management / Faction Administration: Moving Forward

Metwally

Helper
Ah yes. The classic "I'm not fond of this particular specific thing that happened to me in the past so instead of going through the proper channels that exist, I will just go ahead and derail a conversation by saying something that has a certain element of shock value to get people to react to it because I'm upset and I gotta make it so others are also upset" party trick. You love to see it.

Metwally

Helper
As for the ongoing conversation about faction consultants, I've personally always treated them as more of a communication liaison than an advisor. Occasionally I'd ask questions that pertain a lot more to the general atmosphere within FM or to the server as a whole, or about certain things that need to be greenlit before me and the guys start RPing them. Ultimately, I believe that that's the exact lane that FM should occupy for as long as factions do exhibit signs of needed a little bit of... well for the lack of a better term rehabilitation. This is of course in reference to the difference between a faction that tries their best to roleplay everything as opposed to abusing script commands versus a faction that abuses every aspect of said script commands to win imaginary make-believe scenarios on a 20+ year old videogame on the internet with others. In that case I believe FM (not just the FCs mind you) are within their rights to step in and start telling people that if they don't get their act together things won't look bright for them.

As for the limiting RP factor, I personally believe that as long as what's being done is feasible and realistic (not realistic as in portraying an existing situation such as mirroring a specific OMG or MC for your faction. Rather, realistic as in whether or not it can happen in real life consistently enough to justify an entire faction doing something or another.) there shouldn't be much interference, so that's how I feel about elitism. How-fucking-ever, I still won't abide concepts that *could* work IRL like 5% of the time because yay Jimmy Wisconsin from down the street is the smartest man alive and is the only one who can get away with this while countless others are constantly caught and punished for said crime. Unless you have a very unique or creative angle that exploits a chink in that armor you're not getting anywhere. And if anyone argues with me about this I will start RPing the most accurate shooter to have ever been born and just install aimbot on my computer because that's just accurate portrayal of my character.

Ultimately, and I've gone on record saying this multiple times, mfs just need to grow up and treat this VIDEOGAME for what it is. A videogame. Don't waste your time obsessing over whether "the opps" are getting the upper hand over you. Just tell a nice story and give it a good sendoff if you can, or just let it end where it ends and don't overthink it. Ultimately we're all here to have fun, and if for your fun to happen you're required to win imaginary make-believe scenarios on the internet with other grown adults mimicking gangsters, then that's a lot more telling of the kind of person you are behind the screen than it is to the quality of your RP.

TL;DR for those that don't care enough to read this, I hate egangsters and I think FM should be both an advisory role and a faction police role, but more so the former. The latter is only when necessary.

Fernando12345

no official announcement of why the servers locked? bad look for the server and its casual players tbh