What's new

Faction Management / Faction Administration: Moving Forward

hallucination

Gold Member
i think we'll have to agree to disagree. nothing you're saying provides any justification for faction consultants.

"entire faction management duty" - it shouldn't be that hard if you've good faction leaders. faction leaders are what's important and they should be highlighted and credited way more than any consultant or made up role you want to add.
"DM factions" - literally what admins are for, not something faction management should be dealing with as no faction should ever get to that point.

i don't think faction consultants are inherently good rpers at all. just like helpers, it is a role you apply for and unfortunately means nothing in terms of quality of player, just willingness to abide and apply - this is not discrediting those individuals who are either role, but your focus on the matter implies you care far too much about trivial administration tasks/forum work over engaging gameplay.

when i joined the server, faction leaders were treated like gold because they held together large groups of players and provided 95% of the engagement for their faction/the server.

my honest suggestion - find actual faction leaders who want to roleplay and then listen to them instead of "consulting" with them. they're the ones with the faction, they're the ones getting the people online, they're the ones making the game, stop making their choices for them.

What led you in believing faction leaders weren’t treated like you're suggesting?

Not a single consultant is hired because of their willingness to abide and apply, that’s not what the role stands for at all. Each individual within the team is experienced or easier said, had their own time leading different factions themselves so you tell me how they aren’t inherently good rpers at all as described by you. Not to forget this time around most of them were actively leading core factions for the server too.

Limitless

Retired Admin
Faction consultants, among other things, advised factions on the direction to take in the given area of RP and the overall standard of RP. In many cases they were hired because of the breadth or the depth of their roleplay knowledge. Honestly, a different set of skills to administration and a different avenue to onboard roleplay knowledge from players that for one reason or another are not suitable or willing to be admins.

Pandovix

Donator
What led you in believing faction leaders weren’t treated like you're suggesting?

Not a single consultant is hired because of their willingness to abide and apply, that’s not what the role stands for at all. Each individual within the team is experienced or easier said, had their own time leading different factions themselves so you tell me how they aren’t inherently good rpers at all as described by you. Not to forget this time around most of them were actively leading core factions for the server too.
By leading a faction and being constantly told we can't do what we want, but never given anything to encourage the RP we wanted to do.

You consultants seem so far up your own asses and I can't fathom why. Thinking your INHERITLY good RP'ers is a damn joke.

The attitudes of those sticking around on this server is exactly why it's failed - spouting shite while trying to defend a useless roles. Have fun. o/

Limitless

Retired Admin
By leading a faction and being constantly told we can't do what we want, but never given anything to encourage the RP we wanted to do.

You consultants seem so far up your own asses and I can't fathom why. Thinking your INHERITLY good RP'ers is a damn joke.

The attitudes of those sticking around on this server is exactly why it's failed - spouting shite while trying to defend a useless roles. Have fun. o/
Your negative experience with people holding a certain role doesn't mean that role is inherently useless. I already explained the fundamental idea.

hallucination

Gold Member

Bluegrass Breakdown—is this the faction you're talking about? What more could've we done with your little 3-page towing faction that you couldn't do yourself?

You made a request very early on, normally we'd never approve a request for a faction with only one page (or so), but regardless we were willing to help and gave what you asked for, well, not exactly since you wanted the Flint Clubhouse & Flint County Truck Stop.

The said two businesses (you heard it right, not 1 but 2) that you originally asked for weren't given to you because as you wished unfortunately, in reality, they weren't appropriate for your faction and here's why, you wanted an "office hub" for a vehicle repair service business and the Flint Clubhouse (as the name itself suggests) is literally a clubhouse that can be used and has always been used for MCs, the clubhouse is perfectly mapped for one, it fits one aesthetically and serves as a bar, and secondly, the Flint County Truck Stop is a normal 24/7 and has no garage for you to do your roleplay, again, as suggested. So what did we give you? We gave you the BB garage which has everything you asked for in the application and here I will go ahead and quote you;

We intend to use the Truck Stop building, which is right next door, for vehicle repairs and servicing, and potentially a small vehicle convenience store that RPly sells general small vehicle items, oil, fluids etc.

Then again, people like yourself will always find something to complain about but not today.

Had you ever felt the need to earn some extra in-game money you could've submitted a Roleplay Reward Scheme that we already have in place, you heard it right, with the half-assed, few screenshots that you posted! Had you wanted to go the illegal route and chop cars for a monetary reward, again, the Roleplay Reward Scheme. The list of possibilities just goes on and on Did you ever try? No, and please don't come at me saying it's because of the script limitation.

As a closing note, you lost motivation because you weren't given something you wanted. Not because of FM, and definitely not because of the "You consultants seem so far up your own asses and I can't fathom why". Out of all the leaders that can complain you're not close buddy.

Sakrat

chief executive roleplayer
Again, will believe change when I see it.
wait then??? everything that needed to be said was already said a week ago, all i've seen from the 2 active threads for a while now has just been people who don't even know what they want yapping about shit that doesn't concern them purely for the sake of having an opinion

rejovich

Donator
wait then??? everything that needed to be said was already said a week ago, all i've seen from the 2 active threads for a while now has just been people who don't even know what they want yapping about shit that doesn't concern them purely for the sake of having an opinion

Sir yes sir!

Sakrat

chief executive roleplayer
@TommyB move that shit already or buy an openai subscription to do your scripting niggas r getting so bored they're making up problems to be mad about