What's new

/do command, is it a OOC or IC chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Hawks

I ask for this server only.

Is /do command IC or OOC on this server, because I see a lot of people using /do instead of /b chat lol, so maybe I am wrong and /do is OOC on this server.

:cigar:

Muncini

Donator
Mostly players use /do cause they are masked and don't want everyone to MG their name and so :p

Duke

the /do command is IC. It is used to say what is going on around you. It is not used for chatting with people.

Examples:
/do the books fall off the shelf
or
/do the car doesn't start

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
/do and /me are neither IC or OOC. Yes, they're meant to be used for describing what something or somebody looks like or what is happening - but that's not an IC chat, as you don't actually say it with your mouth ICly, do you? Basically, you can use /do to ask questions like "Do you have any tatoos on your body?", aswell as an OOC chat while you're masked, to avoid MG like the previous poster said - it's a kind of abusing in my opinion as the chat wasn't made for OOC talking, but as far as I know it's not a big problem, and it's not a punishable offence, unless you use it to impost someone OOCly.

Frisker

Donator
/do is used to describe IC stuff in OOC.
So as an answer to your question, /do is OOC, aswell as /me, but they are used in IC. I hope you get me.

Tom

Donator
A normal /do sentence is..

/do Visible injuries?

(A guy has crashed into a another, a player goes there and /do's "What do i see?")

And a answer might be.

/do Blood at MyName's forehead, left hand appearently broken.

And the same, how things look like, or sounds, or anything you can describe!

Jack_Hawks

Tom'BillyJo said:

/do Visible injuries?

(A guy has crashed into a another, a player goes there and /do's "What do i see?")

And a answer might be.

This was the answer what I was looking for because I didnt know that we can ask question with /do command.
Now I get it, thanks (about OOC and IC, there are many ss in Complaints forum with MG in /do comands, some players are using OOC words like RP, but OK, i got my answer, thank you)

Lock if you want.

Tom

Donator
Jack_Hawks said:
Tom'BillyJo said:

/do Visible injuries?

And a answer might be.

This was the answer what I was looking for because I didnt know that we can ask question with /do command.
Now I get it, thanks (about OOC and IC, there are many ss in Complaints forum with MG in /do comands, some players are using OOC words like RP, but OK, i got my answer, thank you)

Lock if you want.

People also use /do as /B when they are masked (/mask level 8+), so people cannot metagame their name to for example /Contract them (People /contract people so "Hitmans" kill them with snipers/ Knifes how they wants to. It's usually MGed however, as you contract their name without knowing it IC.), For example if someone asks something in /B, they answer in /do Because they dont wish to reveal their name..

If you wants to put a complaint on someone, take their "Stranger ID" and /assistance it and tell the situation and tell them the ID so you can complaint him.

A normal situation is that you maybe RP a psycho killer = Without mask everyone see's your name, and by your name they can MG you. " Oh looks, there he comes, watch out for him." for example, or FBI can abuse /getnumber and /find your name.

(/getnumber shows your phone number, and /find xxxxxxx (X = number) makes it appear where you're located, for example in montegomery!)
Aperture got /satellit where they type in your name and they'll can "Spectate" everything you does throught the screen, it's RPed as a satellite pictures of you.
If you got any more questions, feel free to ask. ;)

Ferrero

Donator
You could also using /do for noises/What you see?/What do I hear?/Where is this located? and other stuff.

/do **You hear an engine starting**:
**You hear an engine starting.**((New_Guy))
/do **You see a tough cut in the forehead, a black bruise on the right arm, and a bullet hole in my right rib.**:
**You see a tough cut in the forehead, a black bruise on the right arm, and a bullet hole in my right rib.**((New_Guy))
/do **You find my wallet in my pants right pocket, my materials on the outer pocket of my briefcase.**:
**You find my wallet in my pants right pocket, my materials on the outer pocket of my briefcase.**((New_Guy))

Status
Not open for further replies.