What's new

Desyncing at server peak times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
Sup,

I've tried running the diagnostics tool to post but it won't save a .txt file where the batch file is located for whatever reason.

My main issue is with desyncing when the server is at peak load times. Whenever the server hits over ~100ish players I start to lag and/or desync badly. For example, as soon as I log on I give my game ~15seconds to load the surrounding area. When the server has over ~100 players I desync instantly. If the server has less than ~100 players I can use some commands but they show up 2-5 seconds after pressing enter. When I /rspec someone it takes a while for my game to load their surroundings and my screen appears to be desynced. After 10 seconds or so their surroundings load up for me on my screen and all is normal. I can't administrate properly with this issue.

Matty

Donator
Shiternet.
JK, doubtful since SAMP only requires 4 MB/s down and upload for a flawless experience at 100 players.

It'd be real handy with the diagnostics tool, make sure the tool has permissions to write to your folder (go to properties and make sure it isn't blocked or something).

Moj0

Donator
I had this issue beforehand, turns out my AV was consistently humping my internet; open up your task manager and check your network tab - which anti-virus do you use?

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
Matty said:
Shiternet.
JK, doubtful since SAMP only requires 4 MB/s down and upload for a flawless experience at 100 players.

It'd be real handy with the diagnostics tool, make sure the tool has permissions to write to your folder (go to properties and make sure it isn't blocked or something).
I have 100 down 100 up with FiOz. I double checked and the tool has write perms.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
Moj0 said:
I had this issue beforehand, turns out my AV was consistently humping my internet; open up your task manager and check your network tab - which anti-virus do you use?
I use kaspersky AV.

Moj0

Donator
Crazy Andre said:
Moj0 said:
I use kaspersky AV.

Uninstall and install something else, kaspersky uses a high bandwidth.

Crazy Andre

Retired Admin
Moj0 said:
Crazy Andre said:
Moj0 said:
I use kaspersky AV.

But I like kaspersky :(

It's only with SAMP. Is there any other alternative? I'll try contacting my ISP about it. I hear that 1000/1000 made its way to where I live. Might upgrade.

Moj0

Donator
Crazy Andre said:
Moj0 said:
Crazy Andre said:
Moj0 said:
I use kaspersky AV.

But I like kaspersky :(

It's only with SAMP. Is there any other alternative? I'll try contacting my ISP about it. I hear that 1000/1000 made its way to where I live. Might upgrade.
Kaspersky is gud but unless you wanna continue having your bandwidth shafted then i'd switch :thumbdown: Contact your ISP also.

Status
Not open for further replies.