What's new

Can't play on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naysayer

Hi all, I'm relatively new to the community by hours, and started playing late last year. I recently came back to the server and when I launched the game I can log in just fine, but as soon as my character spawns the game stops responding, coming up with the "gtasa.exe has stopped working" popup. This only happens on RCRP, other servers work just fine. I've tried with a fresh install of both SAMP and GTA with no luck. Has anybody ever faced a similar, or the same problem? If so how did you combat it? Any help is much appreciated.

Hypo

Donator
Hmm, might be a problem with the spawn point. I will try to get an admin to post here and assist you with changing your character spawn point.

Witting

Donator
Hypo said:
Hmm, might be a problem with the spawn point. I will try to get an admin to post here and assist you with changing your character spawn point.

If it's crashing the actual program it isn't to do with your spawn point. You'd get an opcode and error log if it was your spawn point.

Have you tried the usual stuff, like allowing your antivirus to let SAMP connect to the internet properly? Run it as an administrator?

Try those two things and get back to us.

Naysayer

Witting said:
Hypo said:

If it's crashing the actual program it isn't to do with your spawn point. You'd get an opcode and error log if it was your spawn point.

Have you tried the usual stuff, like allowing your antivirus to let SAMP connect to the internet properly? Run it as an administrator?

Try those two things and get back to us.
I've tried running as administrator, still no luck. I know it's not my antivirus messing with it because as stated this is the only server I've come across where this happens. Logging in is normal however it's the spawning that gets me. I don't quite understand how this is happening because right up until mid-late December I was able to log in and play perfectly fine :frustrated:

Hypo

Donator
To be honest, I cannot think of any other reason, but the spawning problem. So, If you want, PM me your character name and I will ask an administrator to change your spawn. Its worth the try.

Naysayer

Hypo said:
To be honest, I cannot think of any other reason, but the spawning problem. So, If you want, PM me your character name and I will ask an administrator to change your spawn. Its worth the try.
My character's name is Lisa Garza. Thank you for the assistance through this guys.

Hypo

Donator
Naysayer said:
Hypo said:
My character's name is Lisa Garza. Thank you for the assistance through this guys.
No worries, I will contact an administrator tomorrow and try to get it done.

Horacio

Make a new windows account, rename your GTA SA directory and remove GTA San Andreas user files from My Documents.

Try it out and come with a reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.