What's new

can't find the SA-MP executable file

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Silver Member
I already re-installed my gta but everytime I install samp 0.3DL to the gta directory, I can't find the samp executable file, help me out pls

NickyW

Gold Member
Is this a fresh install? Have you tried uninstalling SA:MP + Reinstalling, or are you just deleting the contents and reinstalling?

In any case, see if this helps:

This is the exe (it doesn't come in a .zip or anything), so save it directly to your GTA SA directory.

NickyW

Gold Member
EDIT:

Also, I can't help but notice your directory:

User/GTA San Andreas

as opposed to the normal C/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it might be worth taking into consideration.

Matty

Donator
EDIT:

Also, I can't help but notice your directory:

User/GTA San Andreas

as opposed to the normal C/Program Files/Rockstar Games/GTA San Andreas

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it might be worth taking into consideration.

If you download a crack often it's not an install disk but rather just a folder, hence the weird directory.
You're right though, make sure the SA-MP installer is installing it in the correct directory. Otherwise try uninstalling and re-installing SA-MP.

lazarus

Silver Member
I already had my directory in my Local Disk C is already full hence I moved it to Local Disk D and I haven't had any problems playing samp for almost a year and a half now except today. I've already re-installed my gta and samp multiple times and still nothing worked.

lazarus

Silver Member
Is this a fresh install? Have you tried uninstalling SA:MP + Reinstalling, or are you just deleting the contents and reinstalling?

In any case, see if this helps:

This is the exe (it doesn't come in a .zip or anything), so save it directly to your GTA SA directory.

Uninstalled and re-installed everything but it seems that nothing is working...

Christopher

Retired Admin
You are missing your gta_sa.exe. You need to find a compatible one with your install or reinstall your game (gta:sa not samp). I am surprised that samp let you install without an executable present.

lazarus

Silver Member
everything is there including the gta_sa.exe and I somehow managed to fix it however everytime I join the server I receive a message saying about "ogg.dll" is missing...

lazarus

Silver Member
now i already uninstalled and installed my gta multiple times and moved the directory to the local disk C which was the default one and somehow I managed to play the gta single player but everytime I try to install samp 0.3DL and 0.3.7, it will open samp.exe and after a couple of minutes or seconds, it will directly close down and the samp.exe file will disappear in the folder

lazarus

Silver Member
just found out that it was my anti virus who keeps deleting my samp.exe every time i install it.
this can be archived.

Status
Not open for further replies.