What's new

Can't connect to the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas_s

Hello i registered on the server on the 25th april (First time) It took me a while and i found it quite hard to find the answers for the questions regarding the quiz (Why make it so hard to obtain the information? Noone learns anything from looking for information and have to end up guessing after 30 minutes+)

Anyway, i'm busy with my job (IRL) And therefore i haven't played since the 26th. I tried to connect just now and there is nothing, the server pings as 9999 and there is no connection (When i attempt to connect it times out)

I have no problems connecting to any other game servers and i'm on a fast Ethernet connection (same connection as monday/tuesday) I realise i'm new here however i hope i have just as much importance as someone who's played here for 6 months in getting this sorted for myself.

If i have been caught in a range ban deployed to catch an evader then i'd like you to know that my ip is static and i pay for this because i myself like to run personal gameservers and i prefer a static ip so as to not have to make a hostname.

This does mean that resetting my router or keeping it off for a prolonged amount of time to gain a new ip will not correct this problem. Yes i've already tried resetting my router.

Here is a screenshot showing the server as online, yet offline in my samp.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. My dedication to completing the quiz (Logs can probably prove) Will show that i am not someone here to waste time.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2jczgw3.png

I have removed things that do not concern this forum i.e. other server names and ips as well as my bookmarks and any pinned programmes on my bar. They are none of your business or could be considered advertising. So please don't be offended, they are just so i don't get in trouble for advertising. Thanks again.

Fleur

Retired Admin
The server's down, don't worry. We'll just have to wait for Alec or jamiedee to restart the server.
The forums are a treasure cove of information about RCRP, 5-15 minutes of reading and you'll be able to answer the quiz easily.

http://www.rc-rp.com/f36-rcrp-rules

http://www.rc-rp.com/t19560-guide-on-how-to-pass-the-rp-quiz

Thomas_s

Well i have been browsing the forum while i had nothing to do at work so i do know a bit more now.

Appreciate your help...How come game monitor showed it online?

Fleur

Retired Admin
Thomas_s said:
Well i have been browsing the forum while i had nothing to do at work so i do know a bit more now.

Appreciate your help...How come game monitor showed it online?
I'm guessing the downtime wasn't planned and it simply froze for GameMonitor, I could be wrong though.
Oh and yeah, welcome to RCRP - hope you have a hell of a time roleplaying here!

Status
Not open for further replies.