What's new

Again, sorry if this isn' t the appropriate place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CozzaFrenzy

Okay, so I went ig today finally. I've been excited to start roleplaying here, well...I have an issue after getting kicked. My ping is -always- high. It will always be high. It's because of my internet provider (Hughes Net) and I get that crappy data cap internet because I live out in the rural area, not within city limits. So every internet service provided for the outskirt folks are only given the internet service that's satellite/ data cap. I get 10gb a month.

Okay, so I was kicked for it in-game. I just want to know why? Because I've rp'd on Ls-rp with high ping, even a smaller server like this one and was never kicked. It never lagged the sever, it never lagged MTA's servers. I know on my end, I could lag bad but I'm so used of it, I know how to just make it work and not am into someone or anything. So, I mean did I really waste my time going through the process of making a character and joining to just not be able to play? If someone could help or just explain, that'd be great. Thanks.

Yassin

Retired Admin
Hello there CozzaFrenzy, I'm sorry you had to encounter such issues here but in Red County Roleplay, our ping cap is 750 (I believe) therefore if you have anything higher than such, you would get ping-kicked. If you also have excessive ping-spikes, you would get desynced due to the amount of custom mappings in seperate places within the server, even though the mappings don't play a big part in the process. It's mostly due to your internet connection to our server. Just because you don't get kicked on other servers and you get kicked or desynced here mean that it's the server's fault. Please post your internet speed results below. Use this website to assist you with that. Good luck.

Earl

Head of Maps
Mapper
When your ping is high, the posibillity of you lagslamming someone off the road raises greatly, and that's just one of the few issues with it. However, we have a ping kick exception system, so if your ping is permanently high (and not because someone in your household is eating most of the bandwith, like in most high ping cases) you can ask one of the Management members in-game to add you to the exception list. ;)

CozzaFrenzy

Alright, I'll do the speed test now. Although, nothing will 'help' it is what it is.

And thank you for suggesting being on an exception list. I know I can lag someone off the road, that's why I said...I got used of it and know how to rp accordingly without dealing with car crashes that I can't help. :) Thank you.

Yassin

Retired Admin
CozzaFrenzy said:
Alright, I'll do the speed test now. Although, nothing will 'help' it is what it is.

And thank you for suggesting being on an exception list. I know I can lag someone off the road, that's why I said...I got used of it and know how to rp accordingly without dealing with car crashes that I can't help. :) Thank you.

Wow, I wasn't taking you seriously, you are really...really far from where your internet host is, which is why your original connection to them is really bad causing you to have an "over the roof" ping. Yes, as far as I know, getting a ping exception is possibly one of the only ways you can fix your issue or..bug your internet provider into moving closer. If you're looking to switch internet providers, use this tool: http://www.broadbandmap.gov/

CozzaFrenzy

Why wouldn't I get taken seriously on here? That's the whole point I asked for help. As far as switching providers, that's something I'm looking into but not a priority just to play on samp. Anyways I guess -thanks- for the help. I'll just find somewhere else to play.

Yassin

Retired Admin
CozzaFrenzy said:
Why wouldn't I get taken seriously on here? That's the whole point I asked for help. As far as switching providers, that's something I'm looking into but not a priority just to play on samp. Anyways I guess -thanks- for the help. I'll just find somewhere else to play.

You misunderstood what I meant, but oh well. There's really nothing much we 'helpers' can do regarding your situation, but as Earl stated above, you can request to have a ping exception. One of the reasons you also have a high ping to RC-RP is because our server host is in France and your internet host, is in Wellington, Kansas. Nonetheless, I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do. If you'd like to stay here and receive a ping exception, you can request one in the Support Ticket tab located within your Master Account. Good luck and have fun.

Kenth

Platinum Member
Take a look at this topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=65049
I don't know if this would fix the issue for you but I believe that it's useful as it has helped people at more than one situation. So give it a shot and give me a heads up, I guess! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.