What's new

Accurately role-play a Law Enforcement Officer (LEO)

Crunchy

Donator
A tip: When it says to roleplay feelings it doesn't mean to be overly emotional. Crying in the middle of a scene where a fellow cop is seriously wounded or injured is highly unrealistic. Unless said cop is somehow closely related to you. But, even then it's frowned upon. Talking to you 2017 sitrep guy.

A thing I noticed with SP is that some people are overly emotional. Most Troopers being overly aggressive to you just because you insult them. That's just plainly unrealistic. Especially considering you have badge cams on RCRP. You risking your career because a criminal called you a bad word is just simply unrealistic. One time, I sparked a fight. The first thing the Trooper did was /taser, walk up to the fight and tase both of us. Please read this topic and keep some of the feedback in mind. Especially the overly emotional thing.

EDIT: Another thing my friend just mentioned to me. I see SP sometimes simply ignoring crimes. Having the excuse of 'I'm corrupt' is just dumb. It's so unrealistic to directly see a crime in progress and ignore it. Especially if it's a felony or more serious crime. Obviously ignoring someone speeding isn't the end of the world. But, all I'm saying is, apply common sense. Please.

Last edited:

mark

Head of Strawman
Administrator
Doing cocaine while having bodycameras and a dashcam visible inside your patrol cruiser is something no cop would ever do. This isn't Rampart 1990s. LEO factions need to read up on this if they want a refreshing change of direction on the server so its enjoyable for the community.

Witting

Donator
Doing cocaine while having bodycameras and a dashcam visible inside your patrol cruiser is something no cop would ever do. This isn't Rampart 1990s. LEO factions need to read up on this if they want a refreshing change of direction on the server so its enjoyable for the community.

I agree, some people are clearly trying to improve and that's good, but every other trooper roleplaying coke on duty is not the way!! :p

khaled

Gold Member
One quick note that I’d like to add, something that’s a big pet peeve of mine is people roleplaying transferring from an out-of-state department. This doesn’t happen just like 123. Each state has their own POST certification that each law enforcer has to obtain. You cannot just decide to pack your bags from Maine to California just like that. You have to go through a process of applying for a course in which, you essentially get POST certified in another state. You have to meet a set of requirements, possibly attending trainings and classes to then get your POST certificate in whatever state you wish to get it in. However, many agencies, especially larger scale ones won’t even bat an eye if you're transferring from out-of-state. If you look at the CHP for example, they don’t even accept laterals in general (out-of-state or in state). Another thing is, when you lateral, you’re applying for the bare minimum rank whether that’s Officer, Trooper, or Deputy Sheriff. There’s no going from LT in The Potato Department from Idaho to LT in the LAPD, LASD, or CHP. You’re simply applying for the lowest NCO rank unless you’re a special exemption which pretty much very rarely happens. Anyway, take it as you will, I’m not trying to throw shade at anyone but it’d be nice to transfers done right as it makes me cringe seeing Lieutenant IV Joe Mama transfer from the Potato Police Sheriffs Station Office to the the BCSO or SASP and receiving like sergeant all of a sudden.

Crunchy

Donator
To add onto my last bit. Ignoring crimes ties into you acting as your IRL self, not acting as the character you are roleplaying. Your OOC view should not affect whether you respond to a situation or not. This being when a crime is happening, it's a matter of, if your character would respond to it or not. Not the fact that you're 'not bothered to do it because they're trolls'.

lou

Platinum Member
i think they disallowed cops using cocaine as a whole

Deleted member 49341

One quick note that I’d like to add, something that’s a big pet peeve of mine is people roleplaying transferring from an out-of-state department. This doesn’t happen just like 123. Each state has their own POST certification that each law enforcer has to obtain. You cannot just decide to pack your bags from Maine to California just like that. You have to go through a process of applying for a course in which, you essentially get POST certified in another state. You have to meet a set of requirements, possibly attending trainings and classes to then get your POST certificate in whatever state you wish to get it in. However, many agencies, especially larger scale ones won’t even bat an eye if you're transferring from out-of-state. If you look at the CHP for example, they don’t even accept laterals in general (out-of-state or in state). Another thing is, when you lateral, you’re applying for the bare minimum rank whether that’s Officer, Trooper, or Deputy Sheriff. There’s no going from LT in The Potato Department from Idaho to LT in the LAPD, LASD, or CHP. You’re simply applying for the lowest NCO rank unless you’re a special exemption which pretty much very rarely happens. Anyway, take it as you will, I’m not trying to throw shade at anyone but it’d be nice to transfers done right as it makes me cringe seeing Lieutenant IV Joe Mama transfer from the Potato Police Sheriffs Station Office to the the BCSO or SASP and receiving like sergeant all of a sudden.

Accurate. Most transfers to begin with will cost you whatever senior rank you held, and if you’re applying to a major department like the LAPD, a state agency like CHP, or the feds, you’ll have to go through their academy start to finish anyway.

Please no more NYPD transfers I beg you alllll

Edit: if anybody is wondering how they should rp new characters, you can always RP transferring from another district/assignment in the SASP :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Scumpy

Diamond Member

I agree, some people are clearly trying to improve and that's good, but every other trooper roleplaying coke on duty is not the way!! :p

Apparently every cop using cocaine is the new wave without any proper development or reason. It’s been pointed out for sure and hopefully people can take the criticism that was provided.