What's new

A Notice About House Furniture [No longer an issue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyB

Owner
I have found a way to move all of the house furniture to the correct coordinates. Disregard this.

Hello there everyone, as much as it pains me to do so I have to inform everyone of an issue regarding house furniture. When the house furniture system was initially coded and implemented it on the server, Alec and Lionel went through all of the interiors that RCRP uses and simply deleted the default furniture objects, resulting in tons of RemoveBuildingForPlayer code. If there's too much of this type of code on a single SA:MP server, the client crashes upon connecting to the server. In order to prevent this from happening I have had to go through all of the house interiors, create copies of the interior object themselves and place them above the actual interior. This is a way more efficient process and should only us about ~35 lines of code instead of the current 400 that's taken up now.

How will house furniture be affected by this? Well, it's simple. Due to the fact that I'm changing the coordinates of every single interior on the server, nobodies house furniture will be visible after the upcoming update. Upon releasing this update I will be running a query through the database which will set everyone's house furniture back into their inventory. This means that after the update, everyone will need to start over and place their furniture again. You'll still have all of the objects you currently own, they just won't be placed in your house. I apologize that this was the only way I could do it, and believe me I spent hours trying to think of possible workarounds to keep everyone's home furniture untouched, but unfortunately every theory I came up with had a flaw which which made the idea impossible. It was the last thing I wanted to do but unfortunately I have no choice.

This update is scheduled to be released next Saturday, more specifically August 2nd, 2014. I ask that if you wish to furnish your house, you wait until after the update. Otherwise you'll lose your progress when the update comes around. There's also a few goodies in this update, so stay tuned. :bounce:

Kay-Kay

Retired Admin
Re: A Notice About House Furniture

Great job, at least nobody will lose their furniture - there's always time for decoration! :thumbup:

Oldi

Platinum Member

Good luck working on it.

Escaper

Silver Member

Thanks for the information, and good luck with it. :)

Kats!

Banned

No problem TommyB, atleast no one is losing anything. :)

Do donations please <3 :)

Karner

Banned

Are the furniture allowments being increased?

Status
Not open for further replies.