What's new

Welcome to our new forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildenborgR

Donator
The maximum limit of avatar sizes is now 400x400 which previously was 250x280... no more dismays. :)
I meant the actual size on the left, not the resolution. The images are super small compared to before.

Also, although I think the forum is great, I do miss the dates. For example, now it says Thursday at 1:32 AM when it was 22/02/2018 before.
It seems a step backwards. I don't want to have to calculate what date it was each time. For example, imagine it's 1st of May and it says 'Tuesday at 2:23 AM'. Wouldn't it be easier to just see an actual date?

Beth

Donator
there’s also no edit post or delete post option... i also dont know why quote and reply exist while they perform the exact same task
Quote is for quoting multiple posts, reply is just one. You can use quote for just one but then you get a pop up, it’s easier to use reply for one and quote for many.

Beth

Donator
Great update.

However, I wish the avatars were slightly bigger.
We have a list - this is definitely on it. Don’t think I’ll let Smally get away with anything less than 280 x 220!

I meant the actual size on the left, not the resolution. The images are super small compared to before.

Also, although I think the forum is great, I do miss the dates. For example, now it says Thursday at 1:32 AM when it was 22/02/2018 before.
It seems a step backwards. I don't want to have to calculate what date it was each time. For example, imagine it's 1st of May and it says 'Tuesday at 2:23 AM'. Wouldn't it be easier to just see an actual date?
I’d imagine after a week it’ll go to the actual date? But don’t quote me on that.

WildenborgR

Donator
We have a list - this is definitely on it. Don’t think I’ll let Smally get away with anything less than 280 x 220!

I’d imagine after a week it’ll go to the actual date? But don’t quote me on that.
Yeah, it goes to the date but why not just keep it as:
Today at 2:23 AM
Yesterday at 2:23 AM
Feb 22, 2018 (at 2:23AM)
Feb 21, 2018 (at 2:23AM)
etc...

The reason why I'd find this easier is mostly because of activity checks on the factions. I don't want to have to keep calculating what exact date it was. It just seems like a step backwards to do 'Friday at 2:23 AM'. You'd have to know the date, how many days a month has (when it's near the end, so 2nd of May, "Friday at 2:23 AM", well fuck. Does the month before it have 31 or 30 days? It's easier to just do the dates in my opinion.

Beth

Donator
Yeah, it goes to the date but why not just keep it as:
Today at 2:23 AM
Yesterday at 2:23 AM
Feb 22, 2018 (at 2:23AM)
Feb 21, 2018 (at 2:23AM)
etc...

The reason why I'd find this easier is mostly because of activity checks on the factions. I don't want to have to keep calculating what exact date it was. It just seems like a step backwards to do 'Friday at 2:23 AM'. You'd have to know the date, how many days a month has (when it's near the end, so 2nd of May, "Friday at 2:23 AM", well fuck. Does the month before it have 31 or 30 days? It's easier to just do the dates in my opinion.
Either way you need to know how many days the months have. If it shows a day instead of a date you know they’ve posted within the week. Shouldn’t that be easier? I’m honestly not bothered either way but if you look at it that way, seems easier to me :)

WildenborgR

Donator
Either way you need to know how many days the months have. If it shows a day instead of a date you know they’ve posted within the week. Shouldn’t that be easier? I’m honestly not bothered either way but if you look at it that way, seems easier to me :)
I suppose we both just have opposing views on what is easier/more useful. It's fine either way though. Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.