What's new

Faction Management / Faction Administration: Moving Forward

Edward

Helper
fair enough but still feels a bit pointless having consultants in general though.

remove the bureaucracy please. just have admins be admins and players be players. having so many staff roles encourages players to focus far too much on the benefits of being staff than just enjoying the game.
ppl like feeling important around here bro, i don't think they care much about that

Moneko

Diamond Member
No idea how that changes my comment tbh, no need to be defensive.

You have like 5 tiers of admin and they did fine for years the way it was and with a larger playerbase, but whatever.
trial
admin
lead admin
head admin
management

yeah they were doing just fine without consultants. helpers already did the job but they felt it wasnt enough anyway and anyone in their mother's basement who can do /me and edit screenshots better can become a consultant

Cyclone

Platinum Member
yeah they were doing just fine without consultants. helpers already did the job but they felt it wasnt enough anyway and anyone in their mother's basement who can do /me and edit screenshots better can become a consultant
the things going on in FM discords/boards are much more complicated than what you are thinking, its not a "filler/helper" role awarded to "good roleplayers", and the application process is much more than "this guy's editing is good lets hire him"

with the way you're going on about this i believe the reason you think like this is because you were denied from becoming a faction consultant - the reason you were denied is because you gave 0 solid reason as to why FM should accept you and literally mentioned that "it sounds cool"

now you're here bragging about how Faction Consultancy is 'useless' despite applying and being rejected from it

You have like 5 tiers of admin and they did fine for years the way it was and with a larger playerbase, but whatever.
also, helpers and consultants dont have the same duties, admins and consultants dont have the same duties. you can't compare one position to another in any way, factions existed when this server had 200 players and factions existed when this server had 3 players. there wasnt a single day that issues around the factions and the faction management werent discussed (until temp server closure) and @PranC can vouch for this

ferg

Gold Member
factions are very important and essentially a big part of the playerbase but dont overlook the general population of players that dont involve themselves in factions.

rcrp has always had a sophisticated amount of players who dont rp with factions and they might feel like they're being overlooked because so much effort is spent in improving the factions.

factions need help but so does the general population which at the end of the day makes up more then half the servers population

Sakrat

chief executive roleplayer
the things going on in FM discords/boards are much more complicated than what you are thinking, its not a "filler/helper" role awarded to "good roleplayers", and the application process is much more than "this guy's editing is good lets hire him"

with the way you're going on about this i believe the reason you think like this is because you were denied from becoming a faction consultant - the reason you were denied is because you gave 0 solid reason as to why FM should accept you and literally mentioned that "it sounds cool"

now you're here bragging about how Faction Consultancy is 'useless' despite applying and being rejected from it

also, helpers and consultants dont have the same duties, admins and consultants dont have the same duties. you can't compare one position to another in any way, factions existed when this server had 200 players and factions existed when this server had 3 players. there wasnt a single day that issues around the factions and the faction management werent discussed (until temp server closure) and @PranC can vouch for this
tell this nigga

Pandovix

Donator

things shouldn't be that complicated..

they don't have the same duties because they've split the duties up not because they're necessary

there wasnt a single day that issues around the factions and the faction management werent discussed (until temp server closure) and @PranC can vouch for this

doesn't that prove it's a waste of time and energy that could be invested in more fun instead of admin

Cyclone

Platinum Member
things shouldn't be that complicated..

they don't have the same duties because they've split the duties up not because they're necessary

doesn't that prove it's a waste of time and energy that could be invested in more fun instead of admin
ask the admins themselves, there were talks of admins spectating factions to see if theyre eligible for official. admins have enough duties to conduct and i doubt they'd wanna take over the entire faction management duty

its not a waste of time and energy if it means that you're responsible for maintaining the flora of the faction scene you're roleplaying around, if things werent managed believe me you'd have tons of trollish DM factions driving around mass robbing people

things arent THAT complicated, things are MORE complicated than what YOU think, a.k.a. FC position being a filler-helper/admin position for 'good roleplayers' or something

doesnt mean it's time consuming and difficult

Pandovix

Donator
ask the admins themselves, there were talks of admins spectating factions to see if theyre eligible for official. admins have enough duties to conduct and i doubt they'd wanna take over the entire faction management duty

its not a waste of time and energy if it means that you're responsible for maintaining the flora of the faction scene you're roleplaying around, if things werent managed believe me you'd have tons of trollish DM factions driving around mass robbing people

things arent THAT complicated, things are MORE complicated than what YOU think, a.k.a. FC position being a filler-helper/admin position for 'good roleplayers' or something

doesnt mean it's time consuming and difficult
i think we'll have to agree to disagree. nothing you're saying provides any justification for faction consultants.

"entire faction management duty" - it shouldn't be that hard if you've good faction leaders. faction leaders are what's important and they should be highlighted and credited way more than any consultant or made up role you want to add.
"DM factions" - literally what admins are for, not something faction management should be dealing with as no faction should ever get to that point.

i don't think faction consultants are inherently good rpers at all. just like helpers, it is a role you apply for and unfortunately means nothing in terms of quality of player, just willingness to abide and apply - this is not discrediting those individuals who are either role, but your focus on the matter implies you care far too much about trivial administration tasks/forum work over engaging gameplay.

when i joined the server, faction leaders were treated like gold because they held together large groups of players and provided 95% of the engagement for their faction/the server.

my honest suggestion - find actual faction leaders who want to roleplay and then listen to them instead of "consulting" with them. they're the ones with the faction, they're the ones getting the people online, they're the ones making the game, stop making their choices for them.