What's new

[WIP] Map mod using RCRP's street names.

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
So, i've been using the old police map mod with all those street names, and people are like "Come to lost street" when in the server it's Vale View for example. I've not seen a map mod or heard of one on RCRP which uses our street names, and I was thinking of making one which could be used as our own map mod instead of using other names for directions. Before I begin, i wanted to get everyones two cents on this, and admin approval for it to be made a server mod for legal factions to use.

Whatcha think? :)

PS: It may take some time, because I will have to go to every street in game, write down the name of the road on a printed map before starting to edit the map.

SledneckNewfie

Retired Admin
Cvnnor said:
No need, everyone is used to the current map we use.
I just figure it'd be easier having one name for the roads, rather than two street names on them. Because for those who don't know all the names on the mod by heart, we can't use a /navto and it takes longer for a response when they have to pause and scan over the whole map to find the road. Me being in the FD, every time the SASP come over /d and say a road name that I don't know, it takes me several minutes longer to find the road in the map, and by the time I get moving i'm being yelled at by everyone for being slow. It would just bring ease and lower all the confusion and frustration between people :p

However if not many people think it's a good idea, i won't follow through with it. I'd just like to make things a bit less mind boggling when it comes to responding to calls for locations.