What's new

Why Passive RP is fun and important.

Zakey

Silver Member
I have seen at so many examples that the majority of the playerbase is RPing certain situations only and all the other time just do random stuff, grind or farm money.
That's not what heavy RP is about.

Heavy RP means, that you roleplay the life of a character, not only some certain actions of your character.
Instead of farming money and roleplaying certain interesting situations, why not try to simulate the whole life of your character in a realistic pace?

Take a walk. Bring your clothes to a washing place. Wash your car. Meet a friend. Go out and eat or drink.

It fleshes out your character and is very fun when executed correctly.
With my character Nathan Arch for example, I regularily roleplay taking a walk with "/walk 6" to make it look calm and not like you're mad at something.
I am eating and drinking at realistic times, I'm meeting my friends regularily...
That's what makes the server realistic!
Instead of going to Monty Park and do /smoke, just walk around from your house to a sight in the town you live in.
If you live in Palomino, go on and walk to church every day or every sunday at a fixed time!
Go out and have dinner if you are feeling hungry ICly.

Imagine a server where everyone was just doing what you would be doing in real life.
Much more beautiful to look at, right?
Nobody is a 24/7 gangbanger or 24/7 hitman. It only develops your character more if you take him out eating with his girlfriend, while you could be killing some cunts in your current playstyle.
Diversity is the device you want to use.
Be creative and think what you would be doing IRL at the given time. That's what makes heavy RP so interesting.
And for the love of god, don't RP sidejobs like you could just get into some vehicle at a random time and start doing a job! RP your employment!

Thanks for reading.

Rvcboy

Retired Admin
Inspiration confirmed. I love to roleplay, but I don't focus on something like that. I should think more about usual day RP, not only ET RP. Right now Trevor only works, does some job related RP and can't remember his last meal.. :p

JayChris

Donator
Yeah I of course agree. Though I personally disslike the term "passive rp". What you describe is just the plain concept of roleplay and means of character development. Something that sadly the majority of RCRP lacks.

Zakey

Silver Member
JayChris said:
Yeah I of course agree. Though I personally disslike the term "passive rp". What you describe is just the plain concept of roleplay and means of character development. Something that sadly the majority of RCRP lacks.
Passive RP is something I define as partaking in RP when not everyone is focusing on doing something utterly important.

lars

dick advocate
Retired Admin
you dont know me and my rowdy gang of boys

[translation: my friends and i actually passively roleplay a very large amount on a daily basis, but i guess we're a dying breeeeeed]

Zakey

Silver Member
Lars™ said:
you dont know me and my rowdy gang of boys

[translation: my friends and i actually passively roleplay a very large amount on a daily basis, but i guess we're a dying breeeeeed]
I would like to see that, actually. Always open to learn from the masters.

Spritz

Bronze Member
I totally do agree with your point. Although most of RC:RP lacks this and this should be stickied.