What's new

Why Passive RP is fun and important.

JayChris

Donator
KnightPray said:
(...) driving around shooting people constantly and getting chased by cops isn't fun on it's own.
And that's the level of a medium roleplayer.

Klaas Vaak

Donator
Zakey said:
Klaas Vaak said:
ThePasst said:
I don't really think I'd enjoy RP eating alone, or walking around the village where my house is located at. Mainly because there's nobody there to RP with, most people are at monty doing /smoke and that's where I find more interesting situations to get engaged in.

I've been trying to Passive RP by myself te last few days; getting some food, getting something to drink, walking around for whatever reason, but after a few times this is getting bored. Typing lengty sentences just for you to read.
I get that the passive rp aspect develops your character a bit more, but after a while, it isn't that fun anymore. The interaction with other players is what makes rp fun for me.
You can do some passive RP with other players too; if you know someone is bored, phone them over and let's have a drink somewhere.

Yeah, I was only aiming at the rp by yourself.
Like I said, for me the interaction with other players is the most fun.

Munchies

Donator
Passive roleplaying is the best for me, but it's more awesome if you got a passive rp- buddy out there. I love passive roleplaying because it helps you a bit
developing your character. I once create a character and roleplay my life lmao, it's fun and yes it depends of what life you have xD

paxie

Legendary Member
JustDiana said:
Yes but it's boring af... I can do it irl why I would do the same here...

what? passive RP is what makes roleplay fun lol.

DogNo

Donator
Paxie said:
JustDiana said:

Exactly lol, I don't know why people think passive rp = rp alone. There are always things to do which do not require scriptwise things and are only helping you to develop your character, used to do it regulary in WF like in example being forced to kill a snitch who got the set almost imprisoned. Even though I was mad and he was a snitch, I still roleplayed the aftermath which led my 17 y/o character (16 at that time) to chain smoke, have some sleep problems and develop a "sick and weak look" after a few days. The small things matter here, nobody forces you to go and walk around the town or go to a church, the roleplay opportunities are endless and when made right, it's greatly appreciated from the outsiders who notice the roleplay itself. Being new in the town (a new character for example), this gives you the opportunity to socialize with other people by asking them for directions, advices if X area is good to live at or not. This is just one of the milion examples I can give. You can have a dog and actually create one with one big afro for the head, 4 boxing gloves for the limbs and a duffelbag(or another afro) for the torso. Passive rp is one of my most favourite type of roleplay at all and I have no idea why it's so underused.

Munchies

Donator
Daniel_Sanchez said:
Paxie said:
JustDiana said:

Exactly lol, I don't know why people think passive rp = rp alone. There are always things to do which do not require scriptwise things and are only helping you to develop your character, used to do it regulary in WF like in example being forced to kill a snitch who got the set almost imprisoned. Even though I was mad and he was a snitch, I still roleplayed the aftermath which led my 17 y/o character (16 at that time) to chain smoke, have some sleep problems and develop a "sick and weak look" after a few days. The small things matter here, nobody forces you to go and walk around the town or go to a church, the roleplay opportunities are endless and when made right, it's greatly appreciated from the outsiders who notice the roleplay itself. Being new in the town (a new character for example), this gives you the opportunity to socialize with other people by asking them for directions, advices if X area is good to live at or not. This is just one of the milion examples I can give. You can have a dog and actually create one with one big afro for the head, 4 boxing gloves for the limbs and a duffelbag(or another afro) for the torso. Passive rp is one of my most favourite type of roleplay at all and I have no idea why it's so underused.

You never fail to impress me a lot, Jaws. <3

JustDiana

I guess I will never understand how typing of very single things which you mostly do in real life can be the fun thing to do for some people. First off all because it's boring and the second because you have to think about non sence things. It's fun when you do things which of you would be afraid to do in real life. Like getting yourself into the trouble with representatives of dangerous gangs or any other random people who has power. But not rp'ing like you are watering flowers or cleaning your house or having a meal because that's the things that you always do in real life. Your real life contains this daily routine and it's very weird when some people are enjoying doing the same things in the server like they are not able to enjoy this in their own real lifes for some unknown reasons. It's fun to roleplay robberies, murders or any other criminal activity because you know that you would never do that in real life. It's fun to roleplay something crazy when you do weird and funny stuff to other people and you have no fear because of doing this. But sadly most of the times it's called trolling and you are usualy getting banned or prisoned for doing this. Sometimes it's also hard to roleplay when you have a low imagination. Heavy roleplay is easy and fun for creative people who has no problems with english language. I have problems with english language and sometimes some roleplay situations even those who usualy happens in my real life are way too difficult for me and I have to look for a way how to get away with the situation without screwing up your reputation of roleplaying with the other people. I guess it will never be clearly certainly for me how do you people can enjoy roleplaying such a simple things which even a teenager or a child could do in real life.