What's new

What DM really means

lars

dick advocate
Retired Admin
I've seen people getting mad and making complaints about being DM'ed. The most recent I've seen is a complaint about someone insulting someone and then getting shot and he says it's DM. The thing I want to propose, we can't RP someone who isn't stable? There are people IRL, if they get insulted and they aren't in the correct mind set, they might actually attack or kill you. Now I understand it's very strict, but the way I've always seen DM is someone spawning in, walking up to you, then hitting you to death. Please enlighten me.

Liam_Airey

Silver Member
NineDivines said:
I've seen people getting mad and making complaints about being DM'ed. The most recent I've seen is a complaint about someone insulting someone and then getting shot and he says it's DM. The thing I want to propose, we can't RP someone who isn't stable? There are people IRL, if they get insulted and they aren't in the correct mind set, they might actually attack or kill you. Now I understand it's very strict, but the way I've always seen DM is someone spawning in, walking up to you, then hitting you to death. Please enlighten me.

I believe DM is killing someone for a stupid reason, just because you wanted to kill something.

In real life, if someone insulted me, i'd be pretty pissed, but I wouldn't start punching them or trying to shoot them if I had a gun, because killing something over something so stupid is...well, stupid.

If somebody insulted say, a dead family member IC, i believe that would be a decent reason to lose your shit, but being called a 'faggot' has no backing behind it.

Of course there's nothing wrong with RP'ing someone who isn't emotionally stable, and yes there are random shootings in schools and shit in real life, but there's a fine line between RP'ing emotionally unstable and using that as an excuse to shoot shit.

If anything, you should really keep a simple portfolio of your characters RP as somesort of evidence that your character is and always has been emotionally unstable.

lars

dick advocate
Retired Admin
I see where you're coming from with the RP'ing unstable. I believe people do RP unstable, but some use it as an excuse. The only thing I see a problem with this is admins figuring out if someone is using it as an excuse or actually RP'ing that way.

Liam_Airey

Silver Member
NineDivines said:
I see where you're coming from with the RP'ing unstable. I believe people do RP unstable, but some use it as an excuse. The only thing I see a problem with this is admins figuring out if someone is using it as an excuse or actually RP'ing that way.

The people I've seen get away with it (shouldn't really call it that as it's a legit reason) we're trusted people of the community that demonstrated their RP ability for a decent amount of time and proved if they was granted with the permission to be 'crazy' they wouldn't abuse it just to kill people.

Last 'random attack' I saw was verified by an admin who was asked before the attack, and of course that's the best way to go around it, not killing someone and using excuses later to try get away with it, and even if you're a legit crazy guy/girl IC, you'd best ask an admin before doing something that could be classed as DM before doing it, last thing you need is getting banned for DM and having to post a ban appeal.

LemonPower

Retired Admin
Deathmatching is when you are Killing / inflicting injuries upon a player for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.

for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.

for a reason that does not justify such extreme actions, or without a reason at all.

QVQwkvx.png

All jokes aside deathmatch is just a broad term in RCRP for the majority of people to describe their dissatisfaction with their death at the hands of another player. Whenever or not the act was actual deathmatch is never for the player to decide but for the administrators. Though often with people who actually deathmatched according to the definition are typically screwed eitherway. I've been accused of being a trigger happy deathmatcher so many times after completely justified shootings I've stopped caring when people throw the accusation around. All you need to be able to do is logically justify your shooting or killing.

And people who really want to roleplay a phyco character for reasons other than just killing people for retarded reasons would have proper character development and justified reasons for their killings. However you have people out there that would instantaneously slaughter groups of people because they were lag slammed because of their own shitty third-world internet and then try to justify it with "I am Big angry mexCan gang bangeMber ?!"