What's new

Website and game inaccessible with VPN

Zakey

Silver Member
Hey guys,

the website as well as the server don't respond when I am connected to my VPN (NordVPN, Swiss TCP server), it's just a timeout after a minute or so with both. Every other website I've tried works perfectly, as well as other SAMP servers.

Proof that TommyB personally gave me permission to use a VPN:
04411he.png

Connection

Donator
I think RCRP has a blacklist of certain IPs that are known VPNs, since I'm unable to connect to the forums using a VPN at school (because of their website filtering).

Witting

Donator
Connection said:
I think RCRP has a blacklist of certain IPs that are known VPNs, since I'm unable to connect to the forums using a VPN at school (because of their website filtering).

This, I think it'll be a server-side issue with maybe detecting (previously used or similar) VPNs, maybe it's something management could look into for you but it might be a while seeing as the majority of them are a lil bit inactive rn cus.. you know, summer has finally graced the doorstep

Zakey

Silver Member
Ye', it's not a gamebreaking bug obviously, but it's a real hassle to use my other unsafe router for SAMP every time. I get that's probably my fault but with the investigation going I'd like to keep my data leak to a minimum.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
VPN's are banned due to rampant ban evasion and abuse.

If you are in the rare group of people who need a VPN to improve routing or bypass school restrictions, you must obtain permission from either me or TommyB to use it. Once you have permission, you need to PM us your VPN IP address.

Please note: Your VPN MUST use a static IP address (i.e you must get the very same IP every time you connect) otherwise we wil not bother whitelisting it. If you do not have a static IP, you can contact your VPN provider to see how one can be obtained.

Zakey, if you have a static IP already, please PM me the IP and I can have it whitelisted since you already have permission.

Zakey

Silver Member
(Right here, we have witnessed one of the rare occurrences out in the wild, commonly referred to as a fr0st post. Heh.)

You'll get a PM, thanks for handling this! :luvrcrp: