What's new

Weapon skill / Weapon obtaining

Karner

Banned
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
9,241
I'm not making a suggestion due to the fact that I have a absolutely no idea of how to actually act with a new system.

I believe that the current way of gaining weapon experience and weapons themselves is a little too easy for official factions and unofficial factions. The SASP should be given a weapon quota and people should gain weapon skill a lot slower and make it based on something less OOC.

If other people agree I may write something up properly. Just want to gather opinions
 

K.O

Donator
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Messages
702
Location
Jupiter
Are you fucking kidding me? '' A little easy''?
Try to make a weapon firstly by collecting materials which is a pain in the ass and takes you 5 hours, then go and spend another 10k to make it. Then wait 30 mins untill marwins will make it.
It's not so easy as it seems, it's easy to buy them from dealers if you got money, but not easy to make them.
 

DirtyTruth

Donator
Joined
Jun 11, 2013
Messages
2,085
Location
Pie St. Empire
K.O said:
Are you fucking kidding me? '' A little easy''?
Try to make a weapon firstly by collecting materials which is a pain in the ass and takes you 5 hours, then go and spend another 10k to make it. Then wait 30 mins untill marwins will make it.
It's not so easy as it seems, it's easy to buy them from dealers if you got money, but not easy to make them.
He's partly right, it's not easy for those who make it alone.
We have around 10k of mats flowing in each week because multiple people do it. For a lone player it's so boring to keep collecting it. The thing is, no matter how hard you will make the weapon system, illegal factions will be banding into larger groups in order to keep them weapons coming. Besides, if it does gets harder, SASP's weapons must get limited too or it's a complete bullshit.
 

Tom

Donator
Joined
Oct 22, 2010
Messages
14,493
Location
United States, North Dakota
DirtyTruth said:
K.O said:
Are you fucking kidding me? '' A little easy''?
Try to make a weapon firstly by collecting materials which is a pain in the ass and takes you 5 hours, then go and spend another 10k to make it. Then wait 30 mins untill marwins will make it.
It's not so easy as it seems, it's easy to buy them from dealers if you got money, but not easy to make them.
He's partly right, it's not easy for those who make it alone.
We have around 10k of mats flowing in each week because multiple people do it. For a lone player it's so boring to keep collecting it. The thing is, no matter how hard you will make the weapon system, illegal factions will be banding into larger groups in order to keep them weapons coming. Besides, if it does gets harder, SASP's weapons must get limited too or it's a complete bullshit.

I suggested previously to TommyB to limit SASP's armoury to e.g 30 guns per type, i.e you can claim desert eagle 30 times, then it will be out and they'll have to order more guns from AP, just to give more passive roleplay, and something more to think off, tho it was dismissed as useless :C
 

Ink

Retired Admin
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
8,714
Location
Las Vegas
We need a new weapon system when it comes to both legal and illegal factions, that's like a mandatory.
 

Karner

Banned
Joined
Apr 5, 2011
Messages
9,241
Ink said:
We need a new weapon system when it comes to both legal and illegal factions, that's like a mandatory.

K.O. I didn't mean that it took a long time I meant it was not difficult at all; there needs to be a more efficient and difficult solution to stop the mass weapon volume there is right now. I know it's a grind to get them currently and I'm not suggesting making that system harder and more lengthy just implementing a better one thst makes them harder to produce.

Give axiom something to literally transport; weapons to the SASP armoury every time an order is issued which the PD pay a small amount to Axiom for. I don't know the system, I had a few ideas but none would work with this economy or player base
 

K.Wilson

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
3,124
Location
Tampa Bay, Florida (CUBAN)
Karner said:
Ink said:
We need a new weapon system when it comes to both legal and illegal factions, that's like a mandatory.

K.O. I didn't mean that it took a long time I meant it was not difficult at all; there needs to be a more efficient and difficult solution to stop the mass weapon volume there is right now. I know it's a grind to get them currently and I'm not suggesting making that system harder and more lengthy just implementing a better one thst makes them harder to produce.

Give axiom something to literally transport; weapons to the SASP armoury every time an order is issued which the PD pay a small amount to Axiom for. I don't know the system, I had a few ideas but none would work with this economy or player base
Could be something nice or useful yet alone we all know it won't happen, nothing script wise that would need to be implemented will be done. I mean look at all the bugs the server has, we need to fix the current script before we fuck it up even worse.
 
Top