What's new

Denied Weapon Liscence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend Karim

Bronze Member
Well, alot of people are getting bored from buying weapons everytime they die since it costs alot...

My Idea : Weapon License >>> It will be given from the PD like in real life.
>>> It could be taken from the police officers if he starts killing.
>>> When you go to the hospital they take your ammo only.

Aim : >>> Spending way less $$$ on weapons.
>>> People should have a gun/pistol to protect them selves. ( Since it's a dangerous world out their you don't know what might happen )

Well i support for a part, i thought off making one pistol buyable for a low price like 400 in shop and leave the making of ''bigger'' weapons to the weapon dealers (its possible since if you take a pistol thats not as good as the one the weapon dealers sell you still got a gun or let the ammu sell knife's)

Decoy

Silver Member
/support, we need a weapon license.. too many noobs have guns.. they just shoot u randomly and shit..

Crabpuss

I was about to yell at you for not reading previous threads, but I've noticed that the thread I was going to link you to is on the old forums. So instead, I'll repost that information here.

" Brandan_Minalo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:32 am

Well I was reading a post and randomly though why not >.>

Weapon Permit would be used mainly when Rping with LEO's (Law Enforcement Officers) and other Government agencies, they would permit lets say, the Colt and Shotgun (Wepons can be chosen by the Government) to be legally held by someone who has a valid Firearms Permit, but would not permit illegal weapons outlawed by the Government.

The Weapon Permit would promote more Rp as people would be able to legally have firearms for self defense and/or hunting, but if you broke a law, i.e: illegal Branishing or illegal Discharge this permit would not protect you, allowing LEO's to take your firearm and issue a fine or arrest depending on the situation.

If the LEO deems it suitable they would also be able to take your permit (like a /take weaponspermit command) which would keep people from breaking the law a bit more hopefully making people Rp it out instead of being a bit "Trigger Happy"

I believe to make it so not everyone has a Permit, and making it more Harsh of a punishment if a Officer takes your permit, that Weapon Permits should be charged at around the 50k mark, making it a bit harder to gain and it hurts more if you loose it.

Just a note for people who didn't get this: This permit would not stop you from having the weapon, but it would make it illegal Rply, allowing the cops to charge people who don't have a permit.

( sorry if its a bit crappy what I wrote, but its late >.> )"

" Brandan_Minalo on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:20 pm

Nikita_Cherdenko wrote:
/nosupport
weapon licenses are free with guns in the USA, guns are found everywhere in the USA, the UK only has a 1/2 effective gun control system.Therefore this idea is dumb, and LEOs will take advantage of it by searching every person they find.

Anyone who has been convicted of a felony is banned by federal law from ever possessing "any firearm or ammunition." Specifically a person "convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year" cannot possess any firearm in any location. 18 U.S.C. 922(g) is the federal law that prohibits anyone ever convicted of any felony to ever possess any firearm either inside or outside of his home. The federal punishment for felon gun possession is up to 10 years in prison.

Federal law provides significant penalties for felons in possession of weapons, unless the felon has his rights restored by the convicting state. - WikiAnswers

This means if you wish to go by real life, anyone who is arrested with a felony offense should not be able to get a firearms license, and any guns they have would be illegal.

and the LEO's are not permitted to search people without reason.

Yass wrote:
This is what I do already, Colts and Shotguns are legal, so I see no reason for a permit if they are legal.

/notgoingtogivemyopinioninaforwardslashcommand

Hmm well maybe a thread would be useful to list what firearms and weapons are illegal or legal, and some more laws aswell >.>, because when I was talking with another player, he said to me that no firearms were legal."

" Crabpuss on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 am

The permit should only cover handguns.

Assault weapons are illegal in this era:

Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher (more precisely, a muzzle device which enables the launching or firing of rifle grenades)

Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud that can be used as a hand-hold
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm

Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Fixed capacity of more than 5 rounds
Detachable magazine

That means Tech 9, Micro SMG, SMG, Combat Shotgun, AKs and M4s are illegal.

The Pistols are up for debate, as is the Shotgun, and rifles.

Sawed Off Shotguns are illegal for citizens to own unless is was built by a licensed manufacturer. Which means its also up for debate, though the legality of such a gun (regardless of permits) can easily be determined through a little RP."

" Brandan_Minalo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:05 am

Hopkins wrote:
I think the corrupt cops are as corrupt as they need to be, and get enough money off bribes. But maybe not this, since it's kind of serious.

You can never be too corrupt, and they could get caught ( bring in some sort of Internal Affairs - Hopefully one that stays IC only ) and then you have more things to Rp"

" Crabpuss on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Cops aren't allowed to do it, thats the point.

If they get caught, or investigated by IA, they're fucked. But it adds a neat element to RP to have a certain amount of corrupt cops.

I know most of you will take this with a grain of salt, but one of the more fun things about SZR during my time in FBI/ATF was the IA investigations I had to run on the PD."

Decoy

Silver Member
Holy shit Crabpuss i see that you like to fucking write alot lol. how can someone bother to read all that? :shock:

Michael_Corner

Decoy said:
Holy shit Crabpuss i see that you like to fucking write alot lol. how can someone bother to read all that? :shock:
I didn't bother lol

craig_jizzy

Decoy said:
I know you should've just linked the old topic... and you didn't even bother to put the rest of it in *cough*my post*cough* * cough* *cough*

Crabpuss

I put what was important and we aren't using the old forum so no need to link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.