What's new

Vincent Kemp

AntmanCow

Donator
Your master account: Ben Jones
Your character: Ben Jones
Their name(s): Vincent Kemp
Offense: Ajailing me for false reasons.
Re-count of situation/description: I got ajailed for "Not roleplaying injuries and ooc time". I never even got injured in game, but Vincent says otherwise. I was in a chase with about 4 cops, including himself. I was driving around Chiliad on my Sanchez, and decided it'd be a good idea to ROLL down a hill to get away. This hill wouldn't have done any damage to me in real, and I kept total control of the bike on my way down. Vincent is saying that I dropped down the hill, which obviously would've killed me. But, I didn't. I rolled down it, and he's saying that they are the same thing. Obviously, rolling has less impact than dropping, so the damage would be decreased by a huge amount, in this case, no damage would be dealt. When I started driving away, I looked back and saw another Sanchez on the hill and got ajailed for some shit I never did.
Witnesses: None.
Evidence: I've no solid evidence of me rolling down the hill, but I do have him talking to me in PM saying that rolling and dropping is the same thing, which makes me angry, because they aren't...
http://i.gyazo.com/daf7eb4449fc4f5c2c8080267797f0db.png
http://i.gyazo.com/ce582bf18e83e7c86632597f19f98232.png
http://i.gyazo.com/28b8fe280d347c1dffda609d3c9f66ae.png
This proves that he ajailed me for dropping, although I didn't.
Additional information: Tbh, I think he ajailed me because he didn't stand a chance catching me.
Other Comments: Please, please sort this out. I can't be arsed sitting in admin jail for 80 minutes because someone can't tell the difference between rolling and dropping.

Kemp

Retired Admin
Hello.

First and foremost, there isn't a huge difference in "rolling" or "dropping" in this circumstance; you were seen by four officers skidding a essentially falling off of the cliff. No precision or tactics were used, so you hardly skillfully maneuvered your bike into dropping without sustaining injury on yourself.

Secondly, the reason I wasn't responding to your private messages was because I was engaged in a roleplay, as you would have seen by using /admins - hence why I told you to make an administrator complaint if you saw an issue, after I explained it to you. At the time of you skidding/jumping off of the mountain, I was in a helicopter above you along with Jake Phillips/Sandman, so I saw you the whole time. What we saw was you skid and then fall to the bottom. Granted, scriptwise you didn't fall off of your bike, but this is a Heavy Roleplay server and you're expected to roleplay heavily inflicted injuries. For the purpose of the administrator reviewing the complaint, we've reenacted a video of your performance.

As you can see, the drop was from a significant height and you would have sustained at least significant injuries. In real life, the biker would have almost definitely fell off during the fall and possibly even died.

I've also managed to gain some attestations from eye-witnesses.

Jake Phillips said:
Ben Jones was riding a Sanchez on Mount Chilliad when he decided to ride down the dirt path near the base of the mountain, it then seemed that he lost control of the bike and skidded of the side, landing on two wheels and briefly pausing before resuming the pursuit.

Caleb Austin said:
I was chasing him on a SASP dirtbike and he drove straight off of the side of the mountain where we lost site of him. Sierra, the SASP helicopter, caught site of him and told us he just drove off. You don't drop 100ft on ANYTHING without having some injuries I don't care how good you land.

Lucy Summers said:
I was the lead unit in the original pursuit in the LVPD cruiser chasing you on your Sanchez. On numerous occasions during the pursuit you collided with a shipping container and then a head-on collision with a telephone pole where you proceeded to respond with, "What?!", then drove off again. At that speed you should have roleplayed an accident but fortunately for yourself, an admin was not spectating. When you proceeded to come back DOWN Mount Chilliad you ended up smashing into the left corner of the mountain while applying your brakes. At this point your Sanchez swung to the right, essentially conducting a 360* spin causing you to fall off the edge of the mountain. It would have been impossible to not receive any injuries from that drop. As it states in off-road rules, you CANNOT go down a vertical drop hill or a type of cliff face. Your reasoning for him ajailing you is entirely immature. Bare in mind we had one helicopter, an off-road bike and several cruisers that were in the process of chasing you before you lost control and fell down the cliff face. You should spend your 80 minutes in admin jail as the jail was well deserved.

Also two screenshots to put the 100 foot drop into realistic perspective.

10f3f0888e.png

f0b7a936fb.png

I understand that the punishment could have also been for stunting or not roleplaying injuries, but at the time I felt best fit that the punishment of your actual jail time (60 minutes) plus a 20 minutes admin jail would have sufficed, the reason is somewhat irrelevant as you know what you did wrong. We also saw you skid off of the mountain, which led us to believe that the fall was unintentional and that it was considered an "accident".

Kemp

Retired Admin
AntmanCow said:
Just want to put this out there. People are skilled on bikes, some people do jumps from 100-200ft. This isn't the biggest jump people have done, but that's about the height of that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTZwpiGEui8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNHwQa_d0o
Enjoy.
Not only are they skilled professionals, who have likely undergone immense training, they're wearing the correct attitire and the drop isn't nearly as steep and the terrain is much different.