Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewski

Donator
Your master account: Lewski
Your character: Dylan_Donowa
Their name(s): Vincent_Kemp
Offense: Giving false information / lying
Re-count of situation/description: Basically I was in a chase with FBI and I ended up being shot by 6 people ( M4's and deagles ) to the point where I was about to die script-wise and he set my health which was okay. Then, I PM'd him asking him if I RP dying would it be a CK and he said no, that's what I thought as well as I was shot really badly and there is no way I can survive this. However, after he told me this I RP'd dying and he told me I have to either CK or get arrested.
Witnesses: None.
Evidence:

Additional information: N/A
Other Comments: N/A

Kemp

Retired Admin
Hello,

During the shootout I wasn't actually there. I was around the corner picking up another agent, hence arriving afterwards. I honestly didn't recall the private message you sent as at the time, you were roleplaying alive. You were roleplaying the bulletwounds and as far as I was aware, had no incentive to roleplay dying; hence the "Sure." response. I was pretty busy speaking in Teamspeak and coordinating the Agents to begin medical treatment that I must have skimmed over the private message and responded after only reading half of it. I responded thinking that you weren't actually going to die, but go to hospital. I later explained this to you, and that it is essentially "suicide by cop" which penultimately results in a Character Kill.

I don't understand why you're accusing me of lying when it was a genuine mistake. I wouldn't have got anything out of you dying, or you not dying. I later gave you the OPTION at the hospital whether you wanted to continue the RP or CK, so I didn't penalise your roleplay whatsoever. You then explained that you "had to go" and "didn't have time" to continue the roleplay, so we rushed it and transported you to the Department of Corrections.

I can get attestations of about four Agents, including two administrators who were there confirming that I was coordinating Agents in the channel at the time and I didn't even mention the PM. I don't understand why or what I'd get out of giving you some misconstrued information by genuine mistake in the heat of the moment. I've apologised and hence gave you the option to CK or continue the RP at the hospital. There's not really anything else I can say or do.

Lewski

Donator
Kemp said:
Hello,

During the shootout I wasn't actually there. I was around the corner picking up another agent, hence arriving afterwards. I honestly didn't recall the private message you sent as at the time, you were roleplaying alive. You were roleplaying the bulletwounds and as far as I was aware, had no incentive to roleplay dying; hence the "Sure." response. I was pretty busy speaking in Teamspeak and coordinating the Agents to begin medical treatment that I must have skimmed over the private message and responded after only reading half of it. I responded thinking that you weren't actually going to die, but go to hospital. I later explained this to you, and that it is essentially "suicide by cop" which penultimately results in a Character Kill.

I don't understand why you're accusing me of lying when it was a genuine mistake. I wouldn't have got anything out of you dying, or you not dying. I later gave you the OPTION at the hospital whether you wanted to continue the RP or CK, so I didn't penalise your roleplay whatsoever. You then explained that you "had to go" and "didn't have time" to continue the roleplay, so we rushed it and transported you to the Department of Corrections.

I can get attestations of about four Agents, including two administrators who were there confirming that I was coordinating Agents in the channel at the time and I didn't even mention the PM. I don't understand why or what I'd get out of giving you some misconstrued information by genuine mistake in the heat of the moment. I've apologised and hence gave you the option to CK or continue the RP at the hospital. There's not really anything else I can say or do.

Well I've asked you a serious question and expected a serious answer. "You then explained that you "had to go" and "didn't have time" to continue the roleplay, so we rushed it and transported you to the Department of Corrections." This is completely irrelevant.

"I don't understand why you're accusing me of lying when it was a genuine mistake."
Well this genuine mistake was a lie. If I lie to an admin I'll get permanent ban and no-one will care if I'm on teamspeak, arguing with my mum or talking to God. Last time I did a "genuine mistake" I got permanent, it is not fair. Also, it's not my fault that you don't pay attention to your PM's, that's your job right? To help the community and answer their questions, this just shows that you're not able to do it.

Speakybutton

Retired Admin
As someone who was there at the time, I believe this is definitely an innocent misunderstanding, in no way would Kemp intentionally lie to you, I mean, he had nothing to gain by it.

As administrators, we get a hefty bit of spam in our chat while playing, and I can imagine that Kemp probably saw your PM, and answered it as if you were any other player, not realising that you were asking in relation to the specific situation that you were in.

Generally, when someone does what you did, get out of your vehicle and attempt to shoot after being boxed in by around 5 agents, it is considered 'suicide by cop' as Kemp has stated, and results in a character kill. When you die any other way, it doesn't, which is I think where Kemp may have misunderstood you. He may have not even realised you (the person PMing him) was the same person as he was dealing with ICly, it's very easy to get mixed up when there's a lot going on.

Edit after seeing your post:
"it's not my fault that you don't pay attention to your PM's, that's your job right? To help the community and answer their questions, this just shows that you're not able to do it."

Kemp had absolutely no obligation to answer your question. He was clearly roleplaying, and realistically, your question should have been asked in an assistance. Kemp was kind enough to take a few seconds out of managing the situation, as well as helping other people through PM's, which, again, he wasn't obliged to do, to answer your question.

You asked him if RPing dying counts as a CK. The answer to that is no.

If you had asked 'Does RPing dying count as a CK if I was shot by the FBI', then Kemp would surely have made the connection between the situation and your question. You asked Kemp a question, in which he was kind enough to give you the answer to quickly, and just because he didn't realise that you meant it in the context of the situation, you decide to make an admin complaint.

Kemp

Retired Admin
Lewski said:
"I don't understand why you're accusing me of lying when it was a genuine mistake." Well this genuine mistake was a lie. If I lie to an admin I'll get permanent ban and no-one will care if I'm on teamspeak, arguing with my mum or talking to God. Last time I did a "genuine mistake" I got permanent, it is not fair
Not necessarily. What I responded wasn't said to put me at any advantage or to any disadvantage. I took it as a general query and misread it, I don't see how it affected the roleplay at all, since I gave you the opportunity to roleplay your injuries and go to jail or character kill at the hospital anyway, after realising my mistake.

If you stayed at the scene, roleplayed your injuries and went to hospital (like you did) - It wouldn't have been a CK.
If you roleplayed dying there and then - It would have been a CK.

What you're not understanding is that my response to you wouldn't have changed anything. You pulled out a weapon and started a shootout with 4/5 Agents after a pursuit, and lost. Either way, the only outcome of that is roleplaying injuries and going to jail or a Character Kill. Ask any administrator. There aren't any alternatives.

I don't know what your permanent ban was for prior to this occasion, and nor is it relevant.

Lewski said:
. Also, it's not my fault that you don't pay attention to your PM's, that's your job right? To help the community and answer their questions, this just shows that you're not able to do it.

That's quite low. Because I was engaged in a roleplay, as you know and was coordinating the situation, I still bothered giving you a response as I'm not eager to ignore players. On this occasion a genuine mistake was made, and I reiterate, it didn't put me to any advantage at all. I simply misread your PM. I don't see how misreading a private message signifies me as a bad administrator, but you're entitled to your own opinions.

The reason I set your health wasn't so you didn't die scriptwise. I turned up AFTER the shootout when you had 15-25HP, and I assumed you were bugged in the animation so you couldn't /fall, as you were stood upright still. Which is why I set your health. You NEVER ONCE complained about me setting your health at the scene, so you don't have the right to use that against me now.

Lewski

Donator
If you stayed at the scene, roleplayed your injuries and went to hospital (like you did) - It wouldn't have been a CK.

Yeah indeed I did this but look at it realistically. How is one supposed to roleplay injuries like this ? It's plain stupidity to believe one can survive something like this ( Not meant to offend you in any way, just generally speaking ). Also, don't try and make me look like I purposely jumped all of the agents. I was being chased for attempted murder and a lot more charges so what I had left was either evade or try to survive it, well evading didn't work out as there was the entire FBI on me. Nevermind the fact that while in the chase, one drove into a water pond and one crashed into a wall, but that's not important as long as I get caught. I understand you were very busy and couldn't do so many things at the same time, but giving the wrong answer is just making it worse. I am not going to reply anymore, unless a new backed up statement has been provided. Awaiting for an admin.

Kemp

Retired Admin
Lewski said:

Yeah indeed I did this but look at it realistically. How is one supposed to roleplay injuries like this ? It's plain stupidity to believe one can survive something like this ( Not meant to offend you in any way, just generally speaking ). Also, don't try and make me look like I purposely jumped all of the agents. I was being chased for attempted murder and a lot more charges so what I had left was either evade or try to survive it, well evading didn't work out as there was the entire FBI on me. Nevermind the fact that while in the chase, one drove into a water pond and one crashed into a wall, but that's not important as long as I get caught. I understand you were very busy and couldn't do so many things at the same time, but giving the wrong answer is just making it worse. I am not going to reply anymore, unless a new backed up statement has been provided. Awaiting for an admin.
You may say it's not "realistic", but it is the rules. For somebody to end a pursuit after opening fire and injuring people in Montgomery with gunfire with Agents and failing, arguably it was to avoid jail. The rule is enforced to prevent people from blindfiring at law enforcement officers to avoid the charges and spending time in jail.

And in regards to being "busy at the time", I was and I did give you the wrong answer by mistake. I then later offered you the opportunity to character kill or roleplay injuries, so whatever answer I gave you didn't make a difference at all anyway. As you had the option to do both.

You've chosen not to respond to any of my other points, so yep I guess we'll wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.