Tutorial: /me and /do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
89
Likes
0
#1
Hello. Here's a tutorial to know what's /me and /do ...

We'll explain it one by one...



How to use /me and Why?

First of all, /me is the most used command to RP and We usually use it to attempt for an action. We use it to tell people what we're currently doing. What's our action right now... We are using /me for both things:

1. Actions: We use '/me' in actions. As we see this example right here:

* James_Tyler opens the car trunk.

You're now telling people who are near you that you're opening the car trunk. You can also give the best skills in your RPing for the action by entering the special anim which you can do to explain more about your action. Like:

* James_Tyler falls on the ground.

Then, you type the special anim for this action which is: '/fall'


Attempts: We can use '/me' for attempts. You can attempt for something which isn't certainly As It can succeed or Fail. It's mostly used on other players As you can see this example:

* James_Tyler attempts to punch [player] in his head with full force.
* S/F? (James_Tyler)


* Note: The player must answer by '/do S' OR '/do F'. In the failure answer, The player must put a valid reason.

An example of putting a valid reason:

* F, He notices the punch, Puts his hands in the front of his head, Blocking the punch. (James_Tyler)

That's all what we can use '/me' in. We also explained '/do' with '/me' in this case. But, we'll come now to the next case, And It's about '/do' command.


How to use /do and Why?

Alright. '/do' is also used for both things:

1. Attempts "S/F?": I've just explained it in '/me' case. We use '/do' to ask if your action has been succeeded or failed.

2. Description: We use it to give a describe about something. We use it to tell the people what do they see. Not only in you, NO, You can also use it to tell people if there's something in the road or near you. So... Let's give an example of using '/do' correctly:

* You can see a big wound in my head above the hair line bleeding out. (James_Tyler)
* Looks like a 7'5 man, Has a big scary nose! (James_Tyler)
* You see a small cat, Holding a small piece of pizza in their mouth. (James_Tyler)

This is the correct using of '/do'. It's for explaining/giving a description about what do people see at you OR at the street.


END of the tutorial
Hope you understood this tutorial.​
 

Rav

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
26
Likes
0
IG Faction
Civilian
#2
James_Tyler said:
Hello. Here's a tutorial to know what's /me and /do ...
Attempts: We can use '/me' for attempts. You can attempt for something which isn't certainly As It can succeed or Fail. It's mostly used on other players As you can see this example:

* James_Tyler attempts to punch [player] in his head with full force.
* S/F? (James_Tyler)


* Note: The player must answer by '/do S' OR '/do F'. In the failure answer, The player must put a valid reason.

An example of putting a valid reason:

* F, He notices the punch, Puts his hands in the front of his head, Blocking the punch. (James_Tyler)


In my own case, I won't use S/F since it's only for amateur players..
Advanced RPers do this instead.

* Rav_Miranda attempts to punch [player] in his face with full force.

I'll wait for my current RP mate to reply with this one..

* [Player] notices a punch coming onto him, quickly putting his two hands in front of his face before Rav_Miranda could punch him.

See the difference? Hope it helped. ;)
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
47
Likes
0
#3
/do S/F just ruins the roleplay, it's, as said above, for amators. Though the use of /me is correct.
 

Uber Troll

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Messages
1,725
Likes
1
IG Name
Fuckin Batman
IG Faction
Jesus
#4
Rav said:
James_Tyler said:
Hello. Here's a tutorial to know what's /me and /do ...
Attempts: We can use '/me' for attempts. You can attempt for something which isn't certainly As It can succeed or Fail. It's mostly used on other players As you can see this example:

* James_Tyler attempts to punch [player] in his head with full force.
* S/F? (James_Tyler)


* Note: The player must answer by '/do S' OR '/do F'. In the failure answer, The player must put a valid reason.

An example of putting a valid reason:

* F, He notices the punch, Puts his hands in the front of his head, Blocking the punch. (James_Tyler)


In my own case, I won't use S/F since it's only for amateur players..
Advanced RPers do this instead.

* Rav_Miranda attempts to punch [player] in his face with full force.

I'll wait for my current RP mate to reply with this one..

* [Player] notices a punch coming onto him, quickly putting his two hands in front of his face before Rav_Miranda could punch him.

See the difference? Hope it helped. ;)




Holy shit. Never though of it that way. Although most ppl here are nubs and will continue to use /do S/F?
 
Joined
Sep 2, 2010
Messages
2,321
Likes
10
IG Name
Tony Mendez
IG Faction
La Onda
#5
Mick_Foley said:
Rav said:
James_Tyler said:
Hello. Here's a tutorial to know what's /me and /do ...
Attempts: We can use '/me' for attempts. You can attempt for something which isn't certainly As It can succeed or Fail. It's mostly used on other players As you can see this example:

* James_Tyler attempts to punch [player] in his head with full force.
* S/F? (James_Tyler)


* Note: The player must answer by '/do S' OR '/do F'. In the failure answer, The player must put a valid reason.

An example of putting a valid reason:

* F, He notices the punch, Puts his hands in the front of his head, Blocking the punch. (James_Tyler)




In my own case, I won't use S/F since it's only for amateur players..
Advanced RPers do this instead.

* Rav_Miranda attempts to punch [player] in his face with full force.

I'll wait for my current RP mate to reply with this one..

* [Player] notices a punch coming onto him, quickly putting his two hands in front of his face before Rav_Miranda could punch him.

See the difference? Hope it helped. ;)




Holy shit. Never though of it that way. Although most ppl here are nubs and will continue to use /do S/F?


Not all the players are noobs, but if we wanna RP a car crash for example and we want to help the other player that is wounded ,we we`ll attempt to do something and he`ll wait for the /do s/f command...because that`s how he done that untill now...i tryed several times to remove that /do s/f from my actions but...that was unsuccesfull.
 

Rav

Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
26
Likes
0
IG Faction
Civilian
#6
Mick_Foley said:
Rav said:
James_Tyler said:
Hello. Here's a tutorial to know what's /me and /do ...
Attempts: We can use '/me' for attempts. You can attempt for something which isn't certainly As It can succeed or Fail. It's mostly used on other players As you can see this example:

* James_Tyler attempts to punch [player] in his head with full force.
* S/F? (James_Tyler)


* Note: The player must answer by '/do S' OR '/do F'. In the failure answer, The player must put a valid reason.

An example of putting a valid reason:

* F, He notices the punch, Puts his hands in the front of his head, Blocking the punch. (James_Tyler)


In my own case, I won't use S/F since it's only for amateur players..
Advanced RPers do this instead.

* Rav_Miranda attempts to punch [player] in his face with full force.

I'll wait for my current RP mate to reply with this one..

* [Player] notices a punch coming onto him, quickly putting his two hands in front of his face before Rav_Miranda could punch him.

See the difference? Hope it helped. ;)




Holy shit. Never though of it that way. Although most ppl here are nubs and will continue to use /do S/F?


What Tony said, unless the server owner will go change rules about the " S/F " stuff. But no, it's still the basic one and I guess, almost all people here use that stuff although I don't anymore. But if experienced people stops using that one, amateur people will follow until the server won't use that one anymore. The " S/F " thingy is for beginners and it's only a follow up for the other player to notice that you are doing attempts.
 
Joined
Sep 17, 2010
Messages
89
Likes
0
#7
Well. We use it to remind the Role Player that I'm taking an attempt, and must be answered.

Otherwise, '/do S/F' isn't for newbies. It's good sort of RP. That also proves It's a "Heavy Role play", and NOT "Light Role Play".

So, no any issue to use '/do S/F' as It's recommended for all to use it, just to remind others of the attempt.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
47
Likes
0
#8
James_Tyler said:
Well. We use it to remind the Role Player that I'm taking an attempt, and must be answered.

Otherwise, '/do S/F' isn't for newbies. It's good sort of RP. That also proves It's a "Heavy Role play", and NOT "Light Role Play".

So, no any issue to use '/do S/F' as It's recommended for all to use it, just to remind others of the attempt.

LOL ya' kiddin' us right ? I hope at least :lol:
However if you ain't joking, you shall read a tutorial abour the roleplay again and again (a great one, not one explaining the BASICS)
 

Baker

Donator
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
1,390
Likes
0
#9
I don't use /do S.F anymore since it's pointless. I would just do like a '/me punches Uber Troll in the face.'
They could just od simply /me resists, or something, and /do a reason.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.