[Tutorial] Making Better Looking SS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Charlie McFornell

This Tutorial is simply to help other people in the Community, so I'm making this tutorial to show people how I make my Screenshots look better. There are different variations, and one can always simply add what he wants, so this is just my opinion.

First step, You'll need to take a Screenshot by either pressing the "F8" Key in your Keyboard or by pressing the "Print Screen" Key in your keyboard then pasting it in Paint. After you sucessfully saved.

Second step you'll need to choose your favourite program, I personally use a particular website, which is very basic and easy to understand. So I will base the whole tutorial around this program. (Click Here For website)

1) Click on "Start Editing"

2)You now need to upload the Image on the software in order to edit it. Click on the upload a photo to upload one from your computer or click on the globe icon to upload an image via the Web URL. I uploaded this image to start with ;

3) Now, you should crop the Image. Just click on the "Crop Picture" Button to do this.I usually Crop it to the size of 800 by 400, since I like my SS's to stay large, but this is really the person's preferences.

4) After you sucessfuly cropped your picture, I would go to blur the background. You can simply click on "Blur", and adjust your preferences, these are my preferences;

5)Now to un-blur what you want just click on this button and highlight what you want to un-blur. When you finish click Apply.

6) Now, I click on one of the many choices to "Filter" the image colour. You can access these filters by clicking on the 'wand' thumbnail in the ribbon, then scrolling down.

For this one, I chose the "Robert" Effect, as I found it the nicest for this particular image, and faded it to a my preferred color

7) After the filter, I finish eveyrthing off with a simple border. What I do is click on the border tab, and click on basic border. Set the sizes to 1 and press apply.

8) When everything is done, click on the save tab. then click on save photo.

What I started with ;

Final Product;

Cha0s

Gold Member
IG Name
Willy Bucker
Looks ugly. Let me look through the 342 topic, where I posted SS's.

That looks a lot better than your editing, imo.

IG Name
Charlie McFornell
Well, it's a simple basic something to help people. It's not a competition of who makes the better SS's.

Llamas

Lead Administrator
IG Name
Cody Llamas
IG Faction
SACSO l Retired RCFD
Id like to see a advance version.. :)

Luis-

Donator
IG Name
Luis Donnelly
IG Faction
Very Good Cabs
I'd rather use Photoshop. Good for newbies though.

fidanym

Gold Member
Or just learn Photoshop and do something by yourself and learn new stuff :)

Of course not everyone has the time for Photoshop, so I guess a website such as that could save you some troubles.

Limuz

Donator
Paint and Sumopaint. My two beasts when it comes down to editing stuff. :oldtimer:
Sumopaint is like photoshop, but free and online in your browser.

Cha0s

Gold Member
IG Name
Willy Bucker
Limuz said:
Paint and Sumopaint. My two beasts when it comes down to editing stuff. :oldtimer:
Sumopaint is like photoshop, but free and online in your browser.
Cracked Photoshop CS5, that's the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.