- Sep 14, 2010
- IG Faction
Most of you would know how to do it, But this is for the "Beginners" who are new to the SAMI..
so don't come here posting "This is not needed" and shit..
For any reason, If you don't understand what he did/said in the video, I'll put it in my own words.
I'll try to make it as specific as I can, and as much details as I can.
And btw, If you don't know what SAMI is, It's a mod installer for GTA San Andreas, You can install vehicle mods without scripting them, but you can't install the Weapons, skins, or any other objects mod using SAMI. Sami-scripting is easy, and takes around 1 minute, matter how many files are included in the mod. Sometime modding mods with a lot of files using img tool, or Spark is pain in the ass. Now I'll describe what to do step by step.
1) Download SAMI if you don't have it: SAMI V 1.1
2) Install it in your GTA SA Folder, There'll be a folder there after that, named "SAMI" That's the sami folder.
3) Create a new folder, paste all the mod files in the folder and move it to the desktop(Moving it to the desktop will make it easier)
4) Open SAMI(it might give you some kind of error saying it can't find gta_sa.exe or something, just ignore it and click ok), Click on the car's headlight, where it says "Scripter"
6) Now As I suggested to move the folder with all the modding files, to the Desktop. Now you'll have a small window, go to the Desktop, if you're not already there, (IMPORTANT) then type the folder's name in the bar below where it says "File:" And click "save/open" twice. So If my folder name is "New Folder" Which contains all the modding files, I'll type "New folder" In the bar below which says "File:"
8 ) After you click "OK" It'll ask you for the Description of the mod, Just describe what's in the mod or just click "Ok" to move on.
9) Now it'll ask you for the Game version, which is "1.0" in most cases, again, you don't need to do it. Now click "OK" again..
10) Now it'll ask you for the for the makers of the mods.. type the names of the makers, and click "OK"..
11) Now it'll ask for you E-mail incase if someone who got your mod want to contact you..
12) Now it asks for you're Website.. Just leave it blank and click "OK" again..
13) Now it'll ask you for "Additional Information" Add what you want to or move on by clicking "OK" again.
14) Now you're done typing, Click on "Batch add" At the bottom.
16) Now this is important. It should say "models\gta3.img" leave it the way it is and click "OK", IF YOU'RE MODDING GTA3.IMG, IN OTHER WORDS, IF YOUR MODDING WEAPONS, SKINS, AND OTHER OBJECTS.. If you're modding CJ, his clothes, or animations, then change the "models\gta3.img" to "models\player.img"(if modding CJ or his clothes) or "anim\anim.img" (For animations and shit). Also don't mod Animations, Cj's stuff, and weapon/skin/other object's mod together.. Mod them seperately. Anyways, click "OK".
17) Now it'll ask you for another path.. Read what it says, It's self-explanatory, In most cases, leave it blank, Or you'll most-likely fuck up.. Click "OK"
18) Now it'll ask you to take it to the folder with all the files and select all the files, Go to Desktop(Or w/e your folder with all the files is) Click on it, and Highlight all the files, And click "OK"
20) Now you can move the folder with the files to wherever you want. To install the mods, go in the folder, there should be a sami script filed named after the folder it is in, So click on it and install, And you're done
It'll automatically will backup the files in GTA SA's folder, there'll be a folder "Backups" with all the backups.. To uninstall a mod, Simply, load SAMI, Click "Uninstall" And choose the mod that you want to be uninstalled.
Now you're most likely to mess up on your first try.. It took me 3 days to get my script perfect.
Also, if you wanna install the vehicle mods, It's simple, load sami, click on "Install mod" And click on "Browse" at the bottom and take it to wherever the vehicle mod's folder is, click on the folder, and click "open" And then It'll tell you what to do.
If you have any question or concern, or any problem, Feel free to ask it here. If you messed up and there's a problem, State it here, be specific, And I'll try my best to answer it. Also, IF I helped you by posting this tutorial then, Clicking on the "Thanks" button at the top, near my Avatar.