[Tutorial] How to resize Videos from fraps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Who?!
IG Faction
What?!
Hello community.

This is a guide for people already using Fraps as a program to capture screenshots and videos.
I've started using Fraps to capture In Game events, to show them in public.I've recorded many videos in the past,but never managed to upload them into youtube or other sites because of their big size.A video of like... 1 minute can use up to 1 GB space into your computer, making it hard to upload it on youtube.So I am here to show you how to "resize" your videos making them a lot of easier to upload them on youtube so you can show them to your friends or use them in the forums...And all that without loosing quality.

Programs you gonna need:
First you have to open the following link http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html and choose the platform you are using and download the file.After downloading the file run the program to install it (procedure is really easy).
Now after the xvid codec you gonna need another program called virtualdub http://www.virtualdub.org/,go there and click the download link,,it will look like that:

The link will lead you to another source with the download options.You must download the correct releash of the stable versions (it says into parenthesis "Stable"), that means you have to know if your computer runs a 32-bit version or a 64-bit version.Click on the correct download link, download the file to your computer.Your file will need an extract so you must have a file extractor program (I use FreeArc).After extracting the files on a folder, click on the VirtualDub.exe application which should look like that:
Final steps.
Now that you've opened the VirtualDub go to the top left corner click on "FILE" and to "Open video file...", Locate your video and click "open".After that the video will load up into Virtualdub's interface.Now all you have to do is go on the top bar and click on "Video" and after than on "Compression"(or hold ctrl+P ).A small window should open which will say "Selece video Comression" and you will see a list.If you correctly Installed the the XVID it would show you on the small window as option "XVid MPEG-4 Codec" click on it and then click "Ok".Now go again to the bar and click on the top left corner "File" now a list should open with options, you will have to click into the "Save as AVI", now select where you wanna save it and you are done! (if it asks you to replace the old file don't do it, just rename it so it wont happen).
Your Video is ready to be uploaded, with awasome quality and small size!
If you found problems on the Turtorial FEEL FREE TO PM ME I will be glad to Help you and answer to your questions!

IG Name
" Shadow "
IG Faction
T.n.T
Re: How to resize Videos from fraps!

WOW... i'm gonna try this out. Hope that will help me.

IG Name
they want my full name
IG Faction
i told em rockstar

Why don't you just render the video? Rendering makes the size less.

IG Name
James Reed
IG Faction
RCSD | SADVLA | ETC | RCFD

When I record on Fraps it separates the videos up, how can I put them altogether again to play as one video?

IG Name
Classified

James Reed said:
When I record on Fraps it separates the videos up, how can I put them altogether again to play as one video?
I want that too, never been albe to do a big movie

IG Name
Who?!
IG Faction
What?!

Miguel_Witsel said:
James Reed said:
Well it's because you don't have the full version of the fraps that you got to buy it but you know there are ways to get it for free, pm me for further instructions, and you will be able to have full videos without being cut into pieces.

IG Name
James Reed
IG Faction
RCSD | SADVLA | ETC | RCFD

Alkaros said:
Miguel_Witsel said:
James Reed said:
Well it's because you don't have the full version of the fraps that you got to buy it but you know there are ways to get it for free, pm me for further instructions, and you will be able to have full videos without being cut into pieces.
As long as it doesn't come from 'Pirate Bay'...?

IG Name
Classified

James Reed said:
Alkaros said:
Miguel_Witsel said:
James Reed said:
As long as it doesn't come from 'Pirate Bay'...?
TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.