What's new

[TUT] African American Street Gangster

bonk

Donator
How to portray a African American street gangster

This is a tutorial on how to accurately portray an African American street gangster, I'm going to have it in 3 sections.

INDEX
General information
Vehicles to drive
Clothing
Weapons
How to get 'trusted'

/padvert 12th rumbley disciples looking for new homies, applications open NOW !
General Information
- When you try to join a gang, you cannot roleplay anything older than 20, usually when you get integrated into gangs you'd be in your youngers years, around 13-18 Now just because I gave you a certain age range does not mean you're -only allowed to roleplay thirteen and above, even in some extreme cases in certain areas where gang activity is plentiful there are kids aged around 8-10 in gangs.
- When attempting to join a gang, it is required to roleplay being from the area the gang mostly chills at, it would be plain stupid to roleplay from Montgomery if the gang operates at let's say Blueberry.
- When approaching a gang you shouldn't approach saying 'May I join the gang?' it's much better for you to roleplay with the gang, exactly what I said in the last two points roleplay being from the area and if they ask your age then it's obvious.
- All factions on the server, whether they be official or unofficial they ALL require development so if you have a character that you've been playing on for ages, and you see the next day a new faction starts up and you go roleplay from that area ETC, that's just plain stupid. It's probably better for you to make an entirely new character for the faction.
-When roleplaying with a certain gang, and perfectly on the server there are bloods and crips but it's best to not use crip terms with bloods and blood terms with crips.
CRIP TERMINOLOGY | BLOOD TERMINOLOGY
- When roleplaying don't roleplay having lots of money, the biggest reason why people are in the hood is because they do not have enough money to move out, otherwise they would.

Vehicles to drive

You shouldn't RP owning a car in the beginning, it's probably best to roleplay it as a family members car or after you roleplay getting a steady 9-5 job or self employed job, or even if the gang trusts you so much for you to 'flip packs' (A higher up member gives you some drugs to sell, after you sell them you give them all the cash and you get a cut).
This adds onto the last point I made in General Information and that is don't roleplay being rich, when you're in the hood don't drive around in a Sultan or Turismo.
When you roleplay buying a car, roleplay the car to be used or be really broken, or it has lots of disadvantages like it breaks down often or it takes long to start up.

Clothing
With your clothing, don't roleplay having gucci or expensive designer clothing on, because 9 times out of 10 you'll RPly get robbed for it if you're an outsider, like I said development is key, your character most likely would be poor from the beginning with lots of financial struggles.
Roleplay getting a job then roleplay wearing decent clothing like Nike and Adidas and then stop from there, maybe if you live up to be an OG in the faction, roleplay wearing maybe a gucci watch or LV belt but nothing more than that.

Weapons
When roleplaying with weapons as a street gangster your OGs will most likely not give/sell you one till you're accepted as a member, what I mean by this is, when you're roleplaying as a youngster it doesn't make sense for you to magically have a Desert Eagle and somehow know how to shoot it and be a professional marksman with it.
Give it some time, not everything on RP servers should rely and revolve around gun rp because that's the boring type of roleplay, I tell you when you get an endless supply of guns it isn't fun, and you'd want to go do some normal passive RP (Now this isn't me saying I have an endless supply but I already know this feeling from 2 years ago.)
If you somehow DO have a gun, roleplay it as a parents or siblings or something like that. And don't act as if when you're carrying the gun nothing is wrong, roleplay some fear, when you hear sirens flinch and be paranoid, having a gun and getting arrested for possession of one is not a slap on the wrist.

How to get trusted
So, how do you get trusted? It's simple, roleplay with them daily and when asked questions about yourself give simple and blunt answers to questions, don't sugarcoat answers. There is no other answer for this just roleplay with them everyday, keep a high standard of roleplay and don't troll around. If you want to go other places than where your hood is, simply /logout and go on a different character.

pesadilla.

Donator
Decent to be fair, although the crip and blood terminology are a bit out of date / some slangs~terms are never really used and whatnot but as for mostly everything else it's good i'd recommend it for anyone who hasn't RP'd a gangbanger or someone who hasn't even RP'd at all and wants to dive straight into it. You could also add that selling 6-7 ounces or selling a certain drug for example weed etc isn't going to make you alot of money realistically unless the person is RPing in high school, due to the fact if you own your own house/car the drug money will most likely go towards health/car/house insurance, bills/mortgage and everything else that the government throws at you to eat your money.

bonk

Donator
Decent to be fair, although the crip and blood terminology are a bit out of date / some slangs~terms are never really used and whatnot but as for mostly everything else it's good i'd recommend it for anyone who hasn't RP'd a gangbanger or someone who hasn't even RP'd at all and wants to dive straight into it. You could also add that selling 6-7 ounces or selling a certain drug for example weed etc isn't going to make you alot of money realistically unless the person is RPing in high school, due to the fact if you own your own house/car the drug money will most likely go towards health/car/house insurance, bills/mortgage and everything else that the government throws at you to eat your money.

Yeah, some simple shit just to get started, this isn't THAT in depth imo but some people really slack on their RP with street gangs and it's lowkey annoying, and we meme them OOCly calling them pakis. I think it's much better to make a tutorial so they get a little understanding of it then they can build off of that.

bonk

Donator
its not about crips and bloods only you know
That's what there currently is right now on the server in African American street gang terms, and I doubt a newbie who struggles to join a faction can make one himself, so yeah that's my justification for that.