What's new

Tried downloading samp and it crashed my brand new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treefiddy350

I bought an 800 dollar acer nitro 5 gaming laptop in hopes of being able to play SAMP my friend Corey Shelton installed it for me back in the day, and I really enjoyed playing here. Tried to download samp and it crashed my computer. My computer is on an infinite restart loop and I can’t do anything on it at all. Just a blue screen won’t let me system restore either, or restart through command prompt. Idk if anybody has every had this happen or knows how to fix it could help. If not I feel like I wasted close to a 1000 dollars. Thanks!

alien

Retired Admin
Do you have the error code or a picture of the bluescreen it's presenting when this happens?

Limitless

Retired Admin
The mere act of attempting to download the SAMP installer caused this? Does Windows even start to load or not? This sounds like a hardware issue.

If the computer is new then you should use the warranty and send it back to have it fixed.

Treefiddy350

It won’t do anything at all just a sad face and it says error restarting and anytime I try to press f8 to system restore or anything it just crashes back to that same screen. Anyway I bought an Alienware laptop it’s really nice way nicer then the acer that I had and I would really like to download samp just don’t really know how to do it properly and really don’t wanna mess up this 1500 Alienware laptop if anybody knows how to mirror screens and could download it for me or give me the steps of how to do it without fault since I already spent 800 that’s over 2000 dollars I’ve spent all so I can play samp. If anybody can help with the download on the new computer that would be awesome thanks.

Treefiddy350

Do you have the error code or a picture of the bluescreen it's presenting when this happens?
There have been multiple different error codes. Each time it crashes it’s a different code one of them is memory management another it critical process died.

Treefiddy350

ok so the acer nitro is shit of course it does that but the Alienware does too? also h
I get the Alienware Tuesday and want to download samp just don’t want to mess up a 1500 dollar laptop after the whole hardrive on the acer crashed when I tried downloading Samp.

deathlife23

Donator
I get the Alienware Tuesday and want to download samp just don’t want to mess up a 1500 dollar laptop after the whole hardrive on the acer crashed when I tried downloading Samp.
just download it, the acer nitro is badly built and of course it will give hardware issues. nothing will happen with a 1500 dollar laptop SAMP is not malware

Treefiddy350

I don’t know the right version to download tho because it was saying something about how I needed 1.0 but the version on the website is 0.3dl I watched a YouTube video on how to downgrade samp and when I tried to downgrade it is when I it crashed before I was having problems with it loading into single player

Status
Not open for further replies.