Donator
Master Account: Jonathon_Burke
IG Name: Jacob Walthers
IG Level: 22
Admin who banned you: TommyB
Reason for ban: Trolling /advert AGAIN
Do you think this was a false ban? (yes(and why) / no): Yes
Admit to offense? (yes/no): No.
Other comments: So I was banned for apparently trolling /advert AGAIN. This is completely false as I was not trolling I was making a legitimate advert where I was asking for people to make a completely IC call of duty montage. It was not a troll and of course, it may of looked like it but I would've expected for an admin to talk to me before just BANNING me permanently. I find it wrong how I was banned for something completely IC without a confirmation before the ban whether I was trolling. Like I said it was and In character advert relating to something I was going to RP.

EDIT: I'd like to point out that trolling on /advert twice shouldn't be punishable by permanent ban, it's like you are comparing me with death matching or hacking. Both which are COMPLETELY different than barely trolling (Which I didn't do anyway.)

TommyB

Owner
fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-trolling-or-serious-f28644.jpg

Fission

Donator
TommyB said:

Well I can assure you that I was and am being serious, I didn't intend to be banned. As this is 2014 you'd obviously expect adverts like that, I mean there's ones on YouTube and social networking all the time.

TommyB

Owner
So what you're saying is that it's perfectly realistic for somebody to submit an advertisement to their local news agency about a Call of Duty montage? I doubt that any news agency would accept that, and the only reason yours went through is because the script is automated and doesn't need any confirmation. You know as well as I do that what you did is silly and just gives the server a bad image. Everyone on the server can see the advertisement and that degrades the image, especially to new players who aspire to roleplay properly. How is anybody supposed to take the server seriously if people are going around advertising their Call of Duty montages? They're not, it's stupidity at its finest.

Fission

Donator
TommyB said:
So what you're saying is that it's perfectly realistic for somebody to submit an advertisement to their local news agency about a Call of Duty montage? I doubt that any news agency would accept that, and the only reason yours went through is because the script is automated and doesn't need any confirmation. You know as well as I do that what you did is silly and just gives the server a bad image. Everyone on the server can see the advertisement and that degrades the image, especially to new players who aspire to roleplay properly. How is anybody supposed to take the server seriously if people are going around advertising their Call of Duty montages? They're not, it's stupidity at its finest.

Sorry for the late reply, I'm on holiday using free wifi at a pub. I've stated that I'm sorry that it looked stupid and I could've easily avoided using /advert but I didn't really think of the consequences for posting an advert that looked like I was trolling. I'm sorry if my post has resulted in the loss of members from the playerbase as you suggested. I hope we can come to an agreement which benefits us both. I agree that I need to act with more maturity when ingame and I need to accept full responsibility for my actions, which I am doing. I'm once again saying I'm sorry for what I've done, and hope I'm unbanned, or atleast have my ban shortened to a temporary one.

Status
Not open for further replies.