-Getting Robbed
-How to react.
--How to get out of it.
---What to do after you've been robbed.
-Preventing a Robbery
-Stopping a Robbery

______Robbing______

Cashflow for Robbing.

To start off with, robbing isn't that profitable, between buying the gun/weapon, the fuel money traveling around looking for victims, and the time it takes. It is actually much more profitable, and much more legal, to do sidejobs. Even doing the script robbery isn't profitable, due to the fact that cops are allowed to RK, and they are notified when a robbery begins.

You also have to abide by the robbing RULES, which generally state that you may only rob people above level 2, and may only rob $5,000 per person, these rules are placed so that new players have a chance, and so it doesn't absolutely ruin a person's account financially.

Heres some of the Pros and Cons:

Pros:
-Obviously, an easy 5k per person.
-The chance to find a free weapon on the man.
-Maybe even some materials/drugs.

Cons:
-Chance to have the man your robbing, being a cop/FBI agent.
-The man being armed and DANGEROUS.
-The man getting away and getting cops/buddies to come kill you.
-Getting a bad name IC and OOC.
-Having to own a gun, and possibly getting arrested for it, because cops search you during traffic stops.
-A few more that I really don't care to list.

As you can see, the Cons clearly outrun the Pros, and so robbing should only be done for RP. Me myself, I rob someone to check their RP skills, and see if they would be a nice addition to John McCrae's "Crew".

Obtaining a weapon to rob with.

Obtaining a weapon is the easy part, IMO. You simply make an advert like my signature advert, "Buying [Gun]nery ergeant Stripes. Paying Well", not something like "Buying an eagle from the desert.", as its way to obvious, and sounds quite stupid, because it is illegal to buy eagles in the first place. Come up with something witty, as this also represents your intelligence.

Also, when meeting with a person to buy a weapon, try to do 2 things. First; Try to make the meeting place extremely private. Second; Make it close to an exit, so you can get away if things go sour(Will explain more in "Getting robbed".). Usually, for robberies, if your efficient, a 9mm should be fine, as it is only to be used to intimidate the victim.

Ways to rob people.

There are many ways to rob people, but also many ways for them to get away, so the robber must have the ability to improvise. Cops could show up at ANY time, whether just patrolling, or someone saw you robbing someone(More info in "Stopping a robbery").

The most common way is getting the victim in your car to "Give them a ride.", but most don't fall for this, so you may have to lure them into corners. The way I prefer to do it, is to act like a gun dealer, and rob them when their in a private area(Alleyways, houses, middle of a desert, etc). Also, having a partner is a very good feature, although you may have to split the profits, their good for a getaway driver, or to hold a gun at the man's head. Make sure to RP with proper grammar, and /do s/f's, otherwise they could call an admin and have you ajailed, losing your weapon.

When on the phone with a victim, be convincing, ask questions, like what they'll be driving, what they look like, or even try to RP a signal. Ask them how many they want, what they want, and give them a price. Don't make this price too high, otherwise he may conclude that your a robber. A keybind is handy to pull your weapon, but if it's in a town, don't use /me, use /ame, as /me can be heard quite a ways away, and /ame can only be seen, like it should be. I usually take an SS of the /ame, so that I cannot be blamed for A-Pulling a weapon. If you have a mic, TS is handy, but be sure to be in an IC channel, you can state this in the channel's description if your the owner.

Also make sure your in a private place, because people can call 911, and if they do, you'll most likely not get out. private interiors are good places to rob, I usually rob in Bone county. Don't rob in the SAN news, Bank, Post Office, etc, because these are places where, had we more players, there would be lots of people, and in 1994, 2/3 of the population owned a mobile phone. Also consider the OOC possibilities. Maybe someone is going to be offroading near here, or flying over. Be sure to RPly block the exit with a /me, and ALWAYS take SS's, I usually use Fraps, because F8 lags my game. Remember; Pistols are the best for this, because you can't really hide a shotgun or AK in your pants, and ALWAYS wear a mask, if you can.

______Getting Robbed______

How To React.

Usually when I realize I'm being robbed, I usually start to weigh the possibilities of escape, or counteracting, but some things are impossible.

If you are not armed, do not try to rambo them, because he can pull the trigger faster than you can kick/punch him. RP your fear. If he has a partner, don't try anything, because even if you hit the first guy, the second can shoot you before you can hit him. Theres a reason guns beat swords. and whatever you do, DO NOT DO "/do F, i run away" OR "/me runs away", because that can get you AJAILED, and leaves a bad impression on everyone involved.

Do not whine and cry over /b because it ruins the RP.

How to get out if it.

I usually look around for a door or a corner I could jump around, a roof to jump to, etc, but remember to keep it within RP reasoning, and if you know your caught, accept it. When going to buy illegal things, I usually have a partner to help me out of tight situations if things go sour.
And whatever you do, DO NOT DO "/do F, i run away" OR "/me runs away", because that can get you AJAILED, and leaves a bad impression on everyone involved. Don't pull a weapon if he's already got one pulled, because he can pull the trigger faster than you can pull a gun.

Not much I can say for this, because its one of those things where its situation specific, and can't be predicted.

What to do after you've been robbed.

RPly, your glad you survived! But you want revenge? There are a few ways to do so.

Because I have lots of resources(Guns, and people to use them), I would do my best to hunt them down. Sometimes gang members will get revenge for a crime done against one of their friends. But if you have limited resources, it would be better to call the cops, although it's unlikely that you will get revenge, whether you call the cops or not. Remember to RP fear, If your not armed, do not try to get revenge, just call the cops.

Sometimes, your best bet is to try to follow them afterwards, or wait in common places, like the PC townhall, or the Montgomery ATM.

______Preventing a robbery______

This isn't MG. IRL, you have common sense, someone randomly drives up in town, and asks if you want a ride? No. Somethings up.

But sometimes it's just good Christian Charity, so make sure you be polite and say "No thank you.", or something like that, don't start cursing at them, or accusing them of trying to rob you. Also, If your doing a LEGAL deal, make the meeting place somewheres public, and if they request for you to go to THEM, its usually a scam/robbery. Having a partner to come with you when you buy illegal stuff is usually a good idea, and being armed is good too. Usually I'll make my partner wait behind me, and so if they get the jump on me, I can counteract that with my partner.

Same here, not much to explain, but any questions, and I'll add it to the guide if it's relevant. RP is based off of wits, the ability to improvise, and intelligence on certain things.

______Stopping a Robbery______

See a person getting robbed? You want to help? Heres how!

I usually see a person getting robbed in a public place, so I weigh the possibilities. IF you are armed illegally, deal with it yourself, because he cop can mistaken you for the robber, and shoot/arrest you, finding your illegal arms and getting you jailed. But if your not armed, call 911, and put in detail, whats happening. Also stay in the area, out of sight, so that the copper can find the robber quickly.

Also, if your calling 911, try to call them out of hearing distance of the robber, IC and OOC, to ensure that he will be caught. Be sure to not rambo/play superman by ramming the robber or beating him to death.

Comments

Well, this seems to be the end of the guide. I would enjoy feedback, maybe even a sticky, if it's good enough.
I've had this on my desktop for the last 4 monthes, and I finally finished it. And I don't think it's COMPLETELY finished, so I'll add to it as I see fit.

This guide is Copyright to McCrae, or Cody Ross, and may not be distributed and/or reproduced without the creator's permission.

Reid

Donator
Re: [The Ultimate guide to Robberies]Robbing, Getting Robbed, Preventing a Robbery, and Stopping a Robbery.

Epic McCrae, Epic!.

Re: [The Ultimate guide to Robberies]Robbing, Getting Robbed, Preventing a Robbery, and Stopping a Robbery.

Man! This is an EPIC guide. /supportsticky

2Fabulous

Retired Admin
IG Name
Edmond Bazarro

Excellent! Well done, this needs a sticky.

Duff

Donator

I found the best way to stop a robbery as the Fowl Defender was to run at them waving my guns shouting "Halt evil doer!" They always used to run like hell!

Very nice.
I lol'ed at the "Buying eagles is illegal" part
I think that every time i see one of those adverts

Muys

Donator
IG Name
Daniel Muys
IG Faction
Elite Trucking Corporation

Pfah, good guide!

Bogdan

Silver Member

Good job.

Thanks for the feedback, I might do more like this in the future.

IG Name
Alexander_Hamilton
IG Faction
The Continental Army

Awesome!
Maybe make a smaller guide "How to handle a shootout" sometime?

Status
Not open for further replies.