[Tips] Robbery + Public areas = ? ( FAQ )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower
Been looking through alot of complaints lately and there's alot of things I see that's wrong with the server.

A delicate topic is robbing in a public place.

I have to admit that some people just complain that they were robbed in a public area to avoid being robbed,
this makes it unfair for the robber who, in my opinion, did everything properly.

Here are two quick reviews on what you shoudn't do if you're the robber or the victim.

ROBBER DON'Ts
  • Rob inside or in front of a bank
  • Rob inside or in front of the news corp building
  • Rob inside or in front of the town hall
  • NEVER ASSPULL, once you do - the RP's voided and you need punishment.
VICTIM DON'Ts
  • Do not whine in /b to prolong the RP and increase the chance of a passerby seeing you, when you're alone - you ARE alone.
  • Always RP a reasonable amount of fear if you have a gun pointed at you, especially when they outnumber you.
  • RP your injuries if you do get shot.

FAQ

Why shouldn't we rob in places like the bank/news corp/town halls?
Because RPly, these places are filled with guards and employees.
You'll have guards pointing guns at you and employees calling 911 faster than you can do your next /me.
AVOID THIS UNLESS RP'D EXTREMELY WELL.

How about robbing in places like a General Store or a restaurant?
These places aren't guarded as much as the places above, maybe one or two guards tops.
If the robbers outnumber the guards there and RP killing/disabling the guards and employees, this can be pulled off.

Can we rob/kidnap people when they're walking in the middle of the street?
It depends, if he's with alot of people - you probably shouldn't even think about it unless you're well-armed and have alot of accomplices. If he's alone, get out of your car - outpower him with your sheer number and get him OFF the street as soon as you can. Get him in the car, tie him up with a rope - voila. Remember not to PG, if he takes too long to reply (making other people who walk in eventually call 911) remind him politely to hurry up. A /do Auto S in 10 seconds will help too.

I am being robbed in an alley. Which is in town, therefore a public place! I'm not going to RP being robbed here!
Why not? If you're alone and nobody else is there except the robber/s - RP it.
You're alone and very much vulnerable to being robbed, deal with it RPly.
This goes for when you're alone on the reefer, in front of the fishing shack or any place that isn't guarded 24/7.

I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1 - can I pull my gun out to defend myself?
It depends. If you could see holes in his /me's, /do's and the over all situation, go for it and pull it out.
Also, make sure you have kevlar on!
Always assess the distance between you and the robber, if it's reasonable - you can make a run for it.
While running, have a bind ready that says "/do pulls his gun out while you're gun recoils." (If it's a pistol or shotgun)

I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1 - can I run? Since me running is me RPing fear - I don't wanna die!
Think for a sec, if you were being robbed IRL, would YOU run? No. Because the chances of you getting shot if you run away is high.
You can though, if you're wearing kevlar and at least 10 feet away unless your character is scared shitless.
By the way, if he's using binds like /me takes out a shotgun from a backpack then have one ready of your own, since it is unrealistic that he could pull it out in a blink of an eye.

Having binds like "/do Has a hand over his waist.(Means ready to pull out a gun quickly) or "/me makes a run for it during the time you pulled out your gun." are extremely useful.

I am being held at gunpoint, the ratio is 1:1. He is using an MP5 or AK47. (or any other automatic weapon) What should I do?
You RP fear and comply with his demands, doing anything at this point is pretty retarded as any automatic weapon can fill you up with holes in less than 5 seconds.
You can run however, as long as the distance between you and him is great.
Also make sure you're wearing kevlar.

Comments, questions and suggestions? Post below, thank you for reading!

IG Name
'Dre | Maze
Re: Guide : Robbery + Public areas = ? ( FAQ )

LOL'ed to the AK filling your ass with holes. :D

Anyways Good Guide for noobs. ;)

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum

Psycadeliiic said:
LOL'ed to the AK filling your ass with holes. :D

Anyways Good Guide for noobs. ;)
Me too xD

But there's one kinda mistake, if the robber has AK or other powerful automatic/non automatic weapon, kevlar won't help you shit. Ak's 7.62 caliber bullets can penetrate normal kevlar easily. But if he's using pistol, then it can't penetrate the kevlar, unless fired from extremely close distance.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower

Well, I wasn't really sure about that so I just put this in
You can run however, as long as the distance between you and him is great.
Also make sure you're wearing kevlar.
Might make more sense to run away when both of you are far away from each other when wearing kevlar. *wink*

D.H.

Donator
IG Name
Yohann Romanov
IG Faction
RCPD

Yep, everyhing is correct and RP, /STICKY imo!

Patrick Q

Bronze Member
IG Faction
Civilian

Damn Nice !!

Helped a lot, as a robber and as a victim .

Fleur

Retired Admin
IG Name
Le Flower

Seen a lot of fail robberies lately.. Bumping for that small chance people actually read this.

IG Name
Helena Martinez

I'm the fail robber, nice guide ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.