• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Tips] Homeless Character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meow

Bronze Member
IG Name
Jack_Mathers
IG Faction
The Spirits of the Streets.
I Decided to make this guide, due to many idiots making a homeless/hobo character and roleplaying it in a wrong way.

1 - Unique Personality.
Your character must have a unique personality, not RP What you think homeless are IRL, Being a generic homeless character will become boring in time, and will mostly attempt to RP Something else beside a homeless man, but becoming Unique in many ways, will be always fun to rp.

Example 1 - Jack_Mathers is a drug addict homeless man, he has a weird personality, he's an open minded person with many ideas and always thinks how knows everything that's going on in the world.

Example 2 - Dan_Greenhouse is a blind poor man, his family left him out in the street, he lives by the help of the good people of the city, without it, he'd be dead from hunger, He's a nice person, a very social person who likes to talk allot, and always willing to help a friend.

Example 3 - Daniel_Johnson is an illegal immigrant from another country, who's been kidnapped when he was a young kid, he has a weak language, and doesn't know the right from the wrong, due to the lack of education.

Example 4 - Jason_Richards is a poor half mental person which means he isn't a total crazy man, He usually talks to himself, thinks of crazy ideas to do, Also when someone says he's crazy, he always defends himself by saying he's totally fine.​

Doing so will increase your interest in the character, and encourages you to develop it.

Keep in mind -
Being a totally mental person will get boring in few hours.
A Homeless is usually addicted to drugs, ((You're free to be addicted or not.))
Age isn't a problem, any age can RP A Homeless
You usually try to make money, by begging from people.

2 - The Typical Homeless RP Life.

People usually take one look and think you're a troll.

People going to think you smell, without any /do which is considered an MG.
Many people telling you to fuck off, ((They think you're a troll.))
Being Robbed while you obviously have nothing ((Happened to me allot in many servers.))
Getting beaten up cause people think you're an easy target.
Some people usually ignore you, no matter how many shout you do, /me or /do, cause they think you're a troll.
Hard to find an RP Due to people ignoring you.

2 - Weapons/Cars/Homes

One word, if you got any, you're not a homeless, you're just wasting people's time by trolling.

3 - Things to remember

You're going to do almost anything for money.
Ignore trolls, cause they'll mess any RP For you, they usually block you while walking, call the cops on you for no reason, if you found one, just /report his ass.
Remember to RP Fear.
You Aren't a strong person, so accept a beating and don't fight back, unless you got a weapon ((Not guns, Objects such a bat/pipe/staff))
If you have 5k+ in your account, deposit them all in the bank, and just consider it an OOC Money, and never use it.

4 - Money

It's a big part of your homeless life, your life will revolve about earning money for extreme daily needs, such food, sometimes you'll have a bad day, and will possible stay a day without eating, don't just sit around and beg for money, ask people for a task to do, jobs/errands for a small fee, just don't over do it, cause that will make you rich in few weeks, one of the biggest problems is, people giving us too much money, such as a man comes up to you, and gives you 1,000 or 10,000, Either decline it, or RP that it's a small amount, 1,000 = 100, 10,000 = 1,000 and So on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since you know the basics of Creating a successful homeless character, why not try it ?, Develop your character skills, learn new things IC, people will think you changed your type of Roleplay, but you actually just Developed the character, spend days on working with the Character, develop it, learn new things, meet people, if you didn't like it, doesn't matter, make a new character and just RP Something else.

Credits:
Meow
Spent 1 hour writing this.

Hope everyone learnt a thing or two by this guide, and yeah, am Roleplaying a Homeless Character so far.

Re: Homeless Character.

Very nice guide! You made me want to RP as a homeless now.. :thumbup:

Tristan

Gold Member
IG Name
Tristan Drew
IG Faction
San Andreas State Police

Looks pretty cool dude. Thump ub.

Meow

Bronze Member
IG Name
Jack_Mathers
IG Faction

People usually underestimate the Homeless RP Quality, that's why i decided to make a guide, it isn't easy, nor hard to Roleplay a homeless character, Homeless RP Got a bad reputation due to people like to troll as one.

Meow

Bronze Member
IG Name
Jack_Mathers
IG Faction

Thanks, i decided to make it, cause allot of people Roleplaying a homeless person in the wrong way, running around and shouting..

Example1 - /s GIVE ME MONEY PLEASE
Example2 - /s GIVE A HOBO SOME MONEY PLEASE

yeah they also use caps, which's pretty stupid.

IG Name
Eugene Day
IG Faction
Road Slayers

Meow said:
Example 4 - Jason_Richards is a poor half mental person which means he isn't a total crazy man, He usually talks to himself, thinks of crazy ideas to do, Also when someone says he's crazy, he always defends himself by saying he's totally fine.[/align][/b]
Orly? Try that and I, Roger Murphy will rape your face D:<

Status
Not open for further replies.