[Tips] Good applications

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a tutorial for the applications. Most of the things you have to know are here.

Part I - What is actually the application?
The application is a document which you have to fill in order joining a faction. Usually the good factions require better and harder applications, so the high command of the organisation will be sure they are hiring the right people. If you want to succeed in joining a faction, you should know how to fill an application properly. Actually, for me, creating and filling of an application is an art (Yeah, I am planning on opening an applications musem). To make sure that you are going to have chances to get accepted in the faction you are applying for, you have to make the best application you can. This counts spending more time on it, checking the grammar of the text you've written, etc. There are some things you have to know before filling the application. You may always comment in this topic if you've got any questions, remarks or an opinion.

Part II - Basics on the applications
Let's begin with the most important - the character. Do not forget that it is really rare someone to be able to do everything, which means - get all of the character's attention on only one, or maximum two, factions. It'd be unrealistic to try to join an Airline services company and the Fire Department, for example. Make sure to create a good enough character story and make him a bit different than all the others. You may, for example, roleplay an illness.
A mistake most of the people make is that they are not filling the minimum ammount of words pointed out in the condition. Make sure you enter as much words as possible, but also do not write too much - keep in mind that you are not writing a line of text, neither a novel, but an application.
Another problem is the [ANSWER HERE] tags. In these cases you have to delete EVERYTHING in these tags and write on it's place. Also, try to make as less grammar mistakes as possible. Never make jokes in such a topic, neither put some metaphorical phrases, because you may get denied - you shall seem serious enough, as these days OOC fuckery is not really liked by the community. Believe me, I have got personal experience. Do not make too long sentences, put commas and periods wherever the grammar requires so.

Part III - Advancing on the applications
In case there are
Code:
[b]Question:[/b]
questions (and usually that's how most of the questions are asked), the best option is to make your application's handler life easier by writing outside the
Code:
 [b][/b]
tags. If you do so, he will see your text easier and will have better opinion about you. Let's see one application... For example, this.

Did you read it? Well, as you see, the applicant has written outside the BOLD tags, which is good. But... Check out the "Why do you want to become a Firefighter / EMT?" question. There is a minimal ammount of words, which is 250. But there are only 53 entered and, as you can guess, it is not enough. An another problem is that the story is quite unrealistic and it is one of the most written scenarios. It'd be a good idea to avoid thinking of the death of your character's relative as a reason to become a police officer, medic or firefighter. Or whatever else. Also, there are only three sentences with a hell big ammount of words. As well, there are non-filled questions on some places, which makes the application handler denie the application or either put it on pending if he is in really good mood.

Part IV - Finishing the application
Well, now you are done with the application, don't be fast to post it! It may cost you all the time spent writing it for nothing. The best way is to press "Preview" and check every single question, as you are your own application handler. Change what you don't like and when you are sure you have done everything, post it.

Part V - What not to do after posting the application
At first, do not post nooby posts as "me needz interview", "pls chezk mi applicationzz" and so on. Wait for a couple of days and have some patience. Patience is one of the factors, which make the application handlers to set up an idea about you. Stay a lot in game and check if the people you need to contact are online. Don't spam them. One PM is enough. If they don't answer you,
carier said:
Don't spam them.
Instead, just continue playing and remind them that you are waiting for an interview after about 10-20 minutes. A good method as well is to contact them In Characterly, as this will create also a good perspective of you.

Part VI - Quick tips
* Don't count the words in your biography/explainings. Instead, copy-paste the text into a Word document and check how many words they are. For simplying the application handlers you may insert the words into the end of the application. Don't forget the (( Double bracklets ))!
* Never, I say NEVER lie about your criminal/admin' record. It'll cost you a lot.
* Do not try to write less words as requested, you will get denied, as far as you've got a strict enough application handler.
* Post your questions/comments in the "Comments" section. If not such, you may always write something in double-bracklets after the application

Dan

Donator
IG Name
Daniel|Kenzo|Alfredo
IG Faction
Aperture|BHB|Unkown
Re: [Tutorial] Good applications

You failed your SASP Application, so you shouldn't really be making a guide on how to make them ? :S

D.H.

Donator
IG Name
Yohann Romanov
IG Faction
RCPD

When you wrote "Points", you have probably meant "Periods"
When you wrote IV you skipped III.

Dan said:
You failed your SASP Application, so you shouldn't really be making a guide on how to make them ? :S
Uhh, yes, I know, and I am really sorry for this. I am failing again and again on the SASP application. Looks like you have really strong criterias. The next time I apply will be accepted :lol:

D.H. said:
Thank you. Going to fix them. And where is mentioned about "Points"? In which part?

D.H.

Donator
IG Name
Yohann Romanov
IG Faction
RCPD

carier said:
Dan said:
Uhh, yes, I know, and I am really sorry for this. I am failing again and again on the SASP application. Looks like you have really strong criterias, which I congratulate you for. The next time I apply I am almost sure I will be accepted :lol:

D.H. said:
Thank you. Going to fix them. And where is mentioned about "Points"? In which part?
Sorry, i meant "Dots" instead of "Points", they are at the end of the second part.
...And you're welcome :)

D.H. said:
carier said:
Dan said:
Uhh, yes, I know, and I am really sorry for this. I am failing again and again on the SASP application. Looks like you have really strong criterias, which I congratulate you for. The next time I apply I am almost sure I will be accepted :lol:

D.H. said:
Sorry, i meant "Dots" instead of "Points", they are at the end of the second part.
Got it. "Dot" is that sign: .
I meant that some of the people make sentences long 937523805324 words and that they should place dots and commas, so that the application will be easier to be read.

D.H.

Donator
IG Name
Yohann Romanov
IG Faction
RCPD

carier said:
D.H. said:
carier said:
Dan said:

D.H. said:
I meant that some of the people make sentences long 937523805324 words and that they should place dots and commas, so that the application will be easier to be read.
No, you didn;t get it. In English you say PERIOD instead of DOT, ok?

IG Name
Jack Tanner
IG Faction
Bum

D.H. said:
carier said:
D.H. said:
carier said:
Dan said:

D.H. said:
No, you didn;t get it. In English you say PERIOD instead of DOT, ok?

Do you? Lolz, I thought it's DOT lol xD
Why can't it be dot? Ain't perioid completely different thing? Or am I completely wrong lol? If I'm wrong blame drunkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.