[Tips] Fishing Guide + RP tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff

Donator
This is my first guide so if it is crap, my bad.
Being a Fisherman...

Fishing takes place in Palomino Creek, if you're doing this to make a quick buck, it will require a small investment.

You will need;$660

Fishing License $500
Fishing Rod $150 (avg, 100 uses)
Bait $10 (per x25)

/buy brings up the following menu.

Where can I get these items?

Palomino Creek Bait and Tackle shop.

How often can I fish?

As often as you wish, providing your rod is durable and you have bait. /fishes shows; Bait, Rod durability and how many fish you have, see also /inventory.

Where is best to fish?

Off the Reefer ideally when it is out in the creek, Fishing off the Reefer gives you a higher chance of catching larger fish, though presently you are unable to acquire a boating license in-game.

You can still /fish off the jetty, however.

What do I do with the fish?

You can throw back individual fish, the whole catch or you can sell them. ALL fishes sell for a price, no matter if they're 1lb sardine or a 50,000lb Shark!

How much can I make?

Fish sell for X 3 = Total money earned from selling it
Example: 1x 15lb tuna sells for $45.00

Why can't I use the Reefer?

You can no longer obtain a boating license (Originally obtainable at the DMV for $4,000)to pilot the Reefer.

Remaining IC when fishing:

Most players stand in silence spamming /fish making the occassional small talk which can be boring as hell. Chat about the weather, local events, your biggest fish or even where the best spots are, some players may even have insight into this.

Nearly everyone fishes in their bathing suits, you can change into these RPly in the shack next to the bait shop.

However if you get splashed by a passing fish or the surf is kicking up froth, you might want to consider these outfits.

For Him

For Her

Also, remember to wrap up warm after a full days fishing/swimming - you wouldn't want to catch cold!!!

Top tips:

If you have caught your full yield, sometimes patience is needed to wait for someone to pilot the boat back to shore.
Here is a tip to get around that;

/attempt to locate a net amongst the fishing gear on the reefer.
Succeed?
/me loads his catch into the net, hoisting it up and over his shoulder.
(You can now bid your comrade fairwell as you swim back to shore with your catch. Sidenote: Do NOT sprint swim, fishes are heavy.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, please rate, point out errors etc, as said this is my first guide. I did it as I enjoy fishing and feel the other guide only covered the bare minimum with no advice on RP.

IG Faction
Civilian
Re: NEW Fishing Guide + RP tips

Excellent guide Duff, make sure to update the boating license to $4,000;

I also suggest adding a section about suitable clothing while fishing in-case you get yourself wet!

Duff

Donator

Croak said:
Excellent guide Duff, make sure to update the boating license to $4,000;

I also suggest adding a section about suitable clothing while fishing in-case you get yourself wet!
Thanks man, updated.

KFC

Donator
IG Faction
Civilian

I love the tip on the bottom, I never really did it all the time; mainly because I drove the boat.
There's just a slight error that I see, Whale's don't weigh 10,000 LBS, but between (From what I've heard of what some people earned from selling them) 50,000-150,000 LBS.
The algorithm for how much the fish sell would also be a nice touch to add. And it is a quite simple one, at that:
< Weight of the Fish > X 3 = Total money earned from selling it.

Duff

Donator

KFC said:
I love the tip on the bottom, I never really did it all the time; mainly because I drove the boat.
There's just a slight error that I see, Whale's don't weigh 10,000 LBS, but between (From what I've heard of what some people earned from selling them) 50,000-150,000 LBS.
The algorithm for how much the fish sell would also be a nice touch to add. And it is a quite simple one, at that:
< Weight of the Fish > X 3 = Total money earned from selling it.
Ooh nice, added that! Glad you like the tips I feel /attempt isn't used properly or enough in RP and wanted a good example of it used in this guide.

KFC

Donator
IG Faction
Civilian

Duff said:
Ooh nice, added that! Glad you like the tips I feel /attempt isn't used properly or enough in RP and wanted a good example of it used in this guide.
/attempt to cast his/her line into the water by pulling the fishing rod over his/her head, pressing the reel release button.
(If fails, you could RP the line releasing behind you and the barb/hook getting stuck in your pants, or something.)

But with how many times you're able to fail with the /attemp command, it would probably be a bad idea to constantly use . ;p

Duff

Donator

I use attempt once, if it fails so be it, I think of another way. /attempt x10 until it accepts isn't RP, it's PG adn spammy and still needs a definate ruling on it.

http://www.rc-rp.com/t24319-attempt-is-it-used-to-rp-standards-in-these-situations

Amy

IG Faction
Civilian

Very nice Guide, I Tought Fishing is a Boring job, That's what i'm going to do from now!

Muys

Donator
IG Name
Daniel Muys
IG Faction
Elite Trucking Corporation

Good guide. Stickied it.

Status
Not open for further replies.