[TIPS] Factions/Interacting with Factions. [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
IG Name
Michael Barnes
Interacting with Factions
A tips page by DrTrollinski

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my newest set of tips for RC:RP - Interacting with factions! Now, these tips are aimed at both new players as well as those who have been on the server for a short while, possibly longer. This guide's going to run through some of the factions we have, and what sorts of ways there are to interact and RP with them. Without further ado, let's move into the tips themselves, starting off with how to RP (Generally) with factions.

RP'ing with Factions. (In General.)

Now, RP with factions can vary greatly and can help your experience on the server become even more unique and fun; there's many different factions to interact with, as you can see in the factions section on the forum, or in the /factiononline list IG. With each one comes new RP'ing possibilities that you may not have even thought of before, but worry not, I'll be telling you everything there is to know about RP'ing with factions. Some quick examples would be:

• Passive RP (Refer to my other guide located here.)
  • Everyday situations.
  • Casual faction RP - talking to members who aren't currently on-duty/undertaking a certain task.
  • Creating more RP for factions with certain aspects and (minor) situations.

Different factions + RP'ing with them

Legal:

San Andreas County Fire Department:- The San Andreas County Fire Department (Known as the SACFD) are one of the main Government/Legal factions that shape the server; they specialize in keeping the general well-being and health of the server safe - they are the faction that RP most of the major and minor accidents such as car accidents, gunshot wounds, knife wounds, and many more. A lot of the time they are busy with the same sorts of things over and over again, and the ways you can bring RP to them aside from that is quite limited, but, from experience, I have a couple of ways in which you can help freshen things up a little:-

• Calling for non-emergency transport - You may be wondering how, but perhaps there's something that you usually wouldn't call FD for; it doesn't mean it isn't serious enough - if it's of some severity, and has the potential to bring in some new RP, then go ahead and call them in for it.
  • RP'ing something different to give them something fresh:- No, not getting shot, but instead something that's more original; if not original, perhaps something that isn't commonly seen? This can also link to the previous point; if you can think of something that's worth RP'ing, and is once again of some level of severity, you should try and involve SACFD so that they can experience something different!

San Andreas State Police:- The San Andreas State Police (SASP) is the main law enforcement faction on the server; they work to ensure that the criminals of the three counties are apprehended and dealt with accordingly. There's numerous types of RP that go on from within the faction, which ranges between dealing with criminals to some decent Passive RP here and there. There's other ways that you can RP with them rather than getting into shootouts, car chases, foot chases, and so on. (I'm not insinuating that everyone does this.) Some examples of this can be found below.

• Generating Passive RP with members that are on-duty:- You could do this by having one-on-one RP with officers that aren't currently in a situation or busy with anything IG - everyone in the faction embraces this, including myself, and if they're not doing anything majorly important, we'd all appreciate the extra RP.
  • Civilian Ride-alongs:- You can apply for ride-alongs on the SP forums, this is where you simply partner up with an officer to see how a day in the SP works without actually being part of the faction; you can generate some nice Passive RP and one-on-one RP with this (Some members may differ to others on this point) and you'll without a doubt have a decent amount of fun while doing so.
  • Differentiate methods of RP with Weapon Licensing (If you apply and get accepted, that is.):- Try new things when doing your physical exam, perhaps start off a little non-violent situation? Maybe you can RP your character panicking about shooting a gun, or maybe RP specific injuries that can occur if a firearm is not shot correctly - this may seem like an annoyance, but it's fresh RP that we at the licensing department don't see very often, and it'd be appreciated by the members who are involved in it.

Axiom:- Axiom is the faction that is in charge of maintenance of vehicles and also provides private security - they'll do security for parties, they'll also provide private drivers and bodyguards, and many more services that can be of great benefit. There's also numerous ways in which you can RP with them, which I'll list below.

• Contacting Axiom for minor vehicle problems:- Instead of going to the garage, give them some more RP and allow them to RP repairing it for you; also, have them RP installing vehicle modifications if that's something that you desire.
  • Building and security installations:- If you need something new built, or maybe need CCTV fitted; instead of RP'ing fitting it yourself give Axiom a call and have them set it all up for you.
  • Private Bodyguards:- Maybe your character is overly paranoid? If you think you can make some effective RP out of the Bodyguard service, give Axiom a call and have them send one of their employees out for you.
  • New methods of RP'ing with private drivers:- There's many different things you can do with this, perhaps your character's family needs some defended transport from one place to another? Maybe your character is overly-paranoid about what goes on out there and prefers the safety of a limo with tinted windows stacked full of armed guards? You can be creative with this, and you have some great RP capabilities.
  • Security Services:- Although most of the mentioned things are regular services by Axiom, it's always nice to help them differentiate what they do. If you're hosting a party, why not give Axiom a call to have them assist you with some security? There's many different things that can happen with this, and the types of things that can be RP'ed through this alone are phenomenal.

Federal Bureau of Investigations:- WIP

San Andreas County Department of Corrections (SACDoC/DoC):- This faction specializes in dealing with criminals once the SP have churned them out and handed them over, or call DoC for some prisoner transport; now, the ways you can create RP with DoC is somewhat limited as opposed to other factions, but for the people that end up inside the DoC Prison, there's numerous different ways that you can create RP with them. These ways are listed below:

• Differentiating inner-prison RP:- This can be anything other than trying to kill the guards; RP yard-time (If you don't do so already/if that's an option.), maybe even have a conversation with prison guards if they're willing to.
  • Logging on when RP events happen:- Now, everyone so often, there's an announcement stating that there's an RP going on within the DoC prison, and prisoners and faction members are requested to log on; do this, and you may find something that you really enjoy doing, and it's something that helps bring more RP to not only DoC, but to the server, too.

Elite Trucking:- Elite Trucking (ET) is the faction that specializes in, you guessed it, trucking services and jobs on the server; they are the whole reason why we have fuel in our gas stations, and why our businesses are stocked accordingly - there's a few ways in which you can RP with them, and I'll be listing some of the reasons here for you.

• Further RP with shop restocking:- When you've requested stock for your business, you could try and wait around and perhaps RP filling your store with the stock accordingly. (Make sure there's ET members online if you plan to do this) Not only could this provide a nice time-burner, but it could also provide a decent level of entertainment.
  • Passive RP with the members:- If you see a Trucker taking a break on their truck run (This may be hard to find, due to the size of the map.) you should try even merely talking to them for a while and asking about their day - it's the basic RP but can also unlock countless RP opportunities.
  • Try RP'ing at their HQ:- You never know, perhaps you'll, once again, unlock new types of RP but also give them something 'fresh', in a sense.

SANews:-This is the faction that focuses on bringing all of the news and weather bulletins to the people of the counties; they cover everything from gang-related shootouts to whether or not it will be sunny or raining; they also interview certain people and often hold little game events, and such. This is a great way to RP and I'll tell you some ways you can become part of the RP as well as bring some more RP towards the faction.

• Compete in the game-shows they host:- Compete to earn cash and other great prizes while also having something to burn time as well as RP in. What could be better, exactly?
  • Call about recent events/news:- It never hurts to help out a little; tell them about any situations they may have missed or something that they could report on.
  • If it's worth it, request an interview:- If your character's been involved in something, or they're working on something that could really lead on to something great, why not let SANews cover it? Offer to give an interview on the topic or situation and see where it takes you!

Illegal Factions:-
MAL 13:- A street gang based out in Montgomery; if you want to create some RP with them and potentially join them, then you need to head over there and look around for them - to create RP there's numerous things you can do with them (Mostly being illegal, I'd imagine) - you can most likely RP your way in if you wish to join with them.
Tjungu said:
If you want to RP with MAL13, bring some original RP. Try to be unique and actually RP like a teen other than showing up saying "Im looking for a job". If you're RPing a 16 y/o you would not be used to killing people and gang-banging all day like that's a normal thing for you. And if you are just in to kill and be trigger-happy. Gtfo. We are more into hood RP rather than stupid shootouts.
- Take this into consideration.

American Demons MC:- One of the biker gangs of the server; they are based out in Dillimore's Welcome Pump - there's many different ways that you can RP with them, and I'll also talk you through the ways I know of on how to join up with them if that's what you desire.
  • Become a supporter - RP getting your supporter gear from a representative of ADMC, grab your bike, and star the overall cruising around with some of the members of the club!
  • Passive RP - Head by their bar and have a drink with them; you can also head out to the RP events that they advertise and get the chance to meet some of members!

That's all for now, friends. Hope you take these tips into consideration - Have fun!

IG Name
Michael Barnes
Re: [Guide] Factions/Interacting with Factions.

Hey, guys! If there's anything I've missed or anything that you think should be added, please let me know and I won't hesitate to put it on there!

- DrTrollinski

Owen

Donator
IG Name
Owen
Re: [GUIDE] Factions/Interacting with Factions.

Nice guide mate! :thumbup:

IG Name
Chris Murphy
IG Faction
Trauma Care Air Ambulance

Thanks for the FD mention! If you do have a particular condition or injury/ailment you'd like to rp and you're not sure how PM me, I'll set you in the right direction!

IG Name
Michael Barnes

nikolai_kiseliv said:
Thanks for the FD mention! If you do have a particular condition or injury/ailment you'd like to rp and you're not sure how PM me, I'll set you in the right direction!
Thanks for the feedback! :)

IG Name
Michael Barnes
Re: [TIPS] Factions/Interacting with Factions.

More of a 'Tips' page, I've realized - it's been edited accordingly.

IG Name
Michael Barnes
Re: [TIPS] Factions/Interacting with Factions.

Added MAL 13 - will update it further when I get home; don't have time to write any more this morning.

Manu

Retired Admin
IG Name
Nona Yurbizniz
Looking good! ADMC doesn't really hang around in Blueberry anymore tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.