What's new

Thomas Paganelli v. State of San Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codac

Donator
*Matthew Gomez enters the court room before turning to the judge*
Your honor, the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office would like for this ongoing case to be placed on hold, due to the resignation of Sheriff Anderson, this is to allow us to gather everything needed and make the apropriate internal changes before formally proceeding.
**Haines nods**
How long does this need to be held for?

Codac

Donator
The Court shall enter recess, to continue on Sunday, December 9th, 2018, at this time.

Max Payne

Administrator
*Assistant Sheriff Max Fisher walks into the courtroom during the recess period, he leaves a note with a cell number attached to it stating that he will be involved in the case as the defense for the Sheriff's Office and will proceed from here with the graces of the current Sheriff.*

Codac

Donator
**Court would resume a little later than expected**
Alright. Would the State like to start with a proper opening statement?

Max Payne

Administrator
*Clears his throat and straightens his uniform out*

Your honor, I'd merely like to reiterate the words that have already been spoken. The defenses video begins in the middle of the situation. As you can see the former deputy Hiroku is wrapped up in the process of detaining another male while the plaintiff is standing roughly 6-8 feet behind them, During the video you can see smoke come around the camera shot to what I can only believe to be from a cigarette. When he is approached by two other deputies the plaintiff finally decides it would be a good idea to give them deputies some space instead of hovering over them recording the situation. I've received a copy of the report and according to Deputy Hiroku this was only half of what happened between the plaintiff and sworn peacekeepers of the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office. The document in question cannot be released as it pertains to more than just the plaintiff's situation. However, some snippets from the document can be shown as followed.

*Clears his throat as he reads from a SACSO document.*

"During the apprehension, 2 subjects, which include both plaintiffs were already outside and not inside of the establishment. They approached the scene and were inquiring about the arrest. They were both ordered to step back and respect the integrity of the scene. Both subjects initially refused to leave and withdrew their phones to document the arrest. One subject still remained close enough to the scene for the arresting deputy, me, to take action."

Your honor, I ask this, with the increasing amount of violence in the county, the state even. This has our deputies on edge every moment of their shift. You have people like this who wish to broadcast police activity which I support, however, in this case, it was affecting the duties of an LEO who was making a lawful detainment at the time. The subject had ample opportunity to merely move back and give the officer's space and both parties could've carried on.

*Picks the paper up again and continues reading*

"Both subjects were ordered a total of over 4 counts. To leave the area and indeed. Go home. Both subjects, again and again, refused to obey lawful orders for them to leave the scene of the arrest. I even agreed for them to stay if they so wished, but had to be across the street if they wanted to keep documenting. One of the subjects eventually complied and was making his way across the street, when the other subject, later identified as Samuel O. adamantly refused. Therefore, the subject was indeed asked to face the wall and was to be taken into custody for failing to comply with a lawful order given to him by a deputy. During this, the subject was placed against the wall and was to be handcuffed. During this, however, the subject refused to let him be handcuffed, and continued harking against deputies how he'd make "a ton of money by suing".
The subject was given a final warning to cease his resisting, and submit to the arrest. Which he ultimately refused. Therefore, a tazer was deployed. And with that, the subject was taken into custody. The second suspect, who by now was still not across the street, was ordered by me to be taken into custody as well. For the same reason for failing to comply."

The video confirms the distance from former deputy Hiroku as seen they are on the sidewalk directly behind the situation. To me, this is merely a person taking the chance to sue the department using a video that doesn't show the entire scene. All I ask is that you take into consideration that a sworn defender of the laws and constitution of the United States of America, as well as the State of San Andreas, was performing his duties even whilst being hovered over by the plaintiff. I have the document with me, and I'll release it to you, your honor, I ask that the document either become redacted to remove any information regarding the situation outside of the direct dealings with the plaintiff.

*Sits down and nods organizing himself*

rapzeh

Thomas Paganelli picks his nose slyly and adjusts his pants.

Your honor, as seen in the video provided to the Courts, the subject of the initial arrest, my dear recently departed friend Samuel Accorsi, who was misreferred to as Samuel O in the officer's statement, did in fact comply with the statement to leave the area during the final warning as shown during the recording, wherein the deputy proceeded to taze and arrest my friend anyways. I was far enough from the scene of the initial arrest to warrant no further contact with the police, but they proceeded to quickly approach and ultimately wrongfully arrest me anyways after arresting and tazing my friend.

Max Payne

Administrator
*Stands up again and watches as the Thomas doesn't stand or make any respectful actions whilst he speaks*

I guess we don't stand when addressing the judge in this court eh? Your honor, the case is not against his "friend". The video shows both the plaintiff and his "friend" still wrapped up with LEO's. What more needs to be said? I'm not going to argue the same point again. They should've complied and kept a safe and lawful distance from the LEO's performing their duties. To me the case is cut and dry, we cannot allow actions such as this to continue whilst we, the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, are performing our duties to keep this state safe. The defense rests. This case has gone on entirely long enough, and somehow the defense's legal council has vanished. This is becoming a farce nearly.

*Sits back down again sighing.*

rapzeh

Thomas Paganelli was standing the whole time.

Your honour, the officer in the video has since been relieved of his duty - does that not make it clear enough? He was evidently - as decided by the very force he was a part of - not fit to be an officer.

In response to the other comments made, I would like to point out that the only reason this has taken so long is because my defence expressed to me that they simply did not have the patience or time to wait around for the Sheriff’s Office who have taken days or even weeks to make statements, stretching from the beginning of this case.

Max Payne

Administrator
*Stands up again shaking his head as he begins to speak more agitated*

Deputy Hiroku resigned from his post. He submitted the paperwork and left under honorable conditions. You can reference the bulletin board that is open to the public if you wish to see that. Unless Mr. Paganelli knows things I do not being the Assistant Sheriff, if Deputy Hiroku was "relieved of his duty" I'd like to see some form of paperwork stating that. I can see why they'd lose patience, this is a waste of State resources for a matter that is clear as day. Now I would like to make a motion to move this along, please. Obviously, Mr. Paganelli is a little irritated as well as they seem to think this was supposed to be a quick in-and-out case against us? No new evidence is being provided, and this is turning into mindless bickering. The S-A-C-S-O is ready for this process to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.