What's new

Thomas Paganelli v. State of San Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderson

Retired Admin
Your honor, I'd like to bring into account that Glik v.Cunnife and Gericke v. Begin do not protect the Plaintiff if they are provoking either the police or the suspect, seeing as the video begins late, and only shows one side of the story, it's very clear that the deputies were most likely provoked by the male, behind deputy Hiroku or he would not of issued the order to detain the male recording.

Abdulaziz

Gold Member
* Garcia stands up again before speaking.

Your honor, if I may.

There was absolutely no provoking involved, and the body-camera footage from the deputies would have shown that. Inconveniently, they're not being used in this trial for whatever reason despite numerous deputies with body-cameras being present in that situation. The plaintiff was recording for a good thirty seconds as seen in the video, not interfering or impeding any investigations or police duties being conducted, before being abruptly arrested in a gang-like attack because the deputy decided to go on a power trip. The standard of proof for criminal convictions is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the United States, no evidence has been presented to even suggest that the plaintiff is guilty, let alone beyond a reasonable doubt. If anything, the evidence provided by the cellphone recording should prove completely otherwise. Failure to comply is a charge given to suspects who refuse a lawful order, yet again, there were no lawful orders given to the plaintiff at the time of his arrest.

Last edited:

Anderson

Retired Admin
Both suspects in the situation were instructed multiple times, a total of four in total according to Sergeant Kenshi Hiroku's report from the situation. to leave the area, Sergeant Hiroku did attempt to meet in the middle with the second male, telling him to at least go across the street, in which he clearly refuses to do in the video the plaintiff so kindly provided, it was only after the deputies start approaching him did he even start walking across the street, but if you fail to comply to orders given by the Sheriff's Office you will be detained and arrested for those actions or lack thereof.

Also in Sergeant Hiroku's report was comments talking about suing the SACSO and trying to make money off it, so it comes across the plaintiff was only attempting to heckle and bother the deputies for an outcome such as this.

Abdulaziz

Gold Member
I believe Sergeant Hiroku's situation report is inadmissible here as it wasn't introduced in the discovery phase.
If evidence is not introduced before the end of the discovery phase, it may be inadmissible to the court and will not be considered during trial.
I don't think the plaintiff was addressed at all by Sergeant Hiroku during the whole video recording, directly or indirectly. If he did, please kindly give a rough time stamp on when that happened. What I can hear him saying though is, and excuse my language here, that he is going to "fucking taze the piss out of him" of the civilian he was talking to. Honestly concerning for someone that's supposed to "serve and protect".

Anderson

Retired Admin
Your honor in retrospect, the video does not show the entire situation, and could easily be cropped to put the SO into an incriminating light. Especially if the parts cut out were deputies giving lawful orders.

Codac

Donator
((Sorry this took so long. Been busy with all sorts of other problems and this went way off track since we haven't even moved past introduction statements.))
Enough. Please, follow the procedures of the court instead of going off on a rant. This is the time for introduction statements. Would you like to make a proper statement Sheriff? ((@Anderson))

Meyvikk

Donator
*Matthew Gomez enters the court room before turning to the judge*
Your honor, the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office would like for this ongoing case to be placed on hold, due to the resignation of Sheriff Anderson, this is to allow us to gather everything needed and make the apropriate internal changes before formally proceeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.