What's new

The True Way to Save RCRP

Mathers

Donator
All right I looked over MarkSetter/Decoy's thread & aside from lol'ing at Decoy's signature, it didn't actually mention any possible way to save this server. It's simple:

• This server gets donations easily - It can afford the monthly (I think it's monthly) charge to be on the Hosted tab in SA-MP

This will attract more members yes some may be noobs, but this server needs more role players noobs or not.

Thus Donators should get their money etc - They help to keep this server alive.

• MAKE THE RP TEST HARDER!

What do the terms OOC & IC mean?
A. Out of Context & In Context
B. Out of Car & In Car
C. Out of Character & In Character
D. Out of Commitment & In Commitment

Most noobs that get the questions wrong - We all know that they keep doing it until they click one they haven't clicked but how about this - They click the wrong answer three times they're banned from the server completely? It's harsh but needed
Also randomise the questions & answers orders so that they can't click the letter they didn't click before

• The bugs fixed

I'm not being pushy towards the administrators but the server having a lot of bugs is a major problem and should be fixed as soon as possible as it is actually driving members away.

and that pretty much sums it up

Icy

Gold Member
GeraldBrown said:
Why pick on the noobs? It's not their fault they're NEWCOMERS, everyone was a newcomer at one stage. The helpers/helper moderators should do more than manning the /n chat they should be integrated into a buddy system, this means that for a few hours maybe they'd go around with that new comer, get involved in some role play scenes with them, show them the ropes, teach them how the server works IN CHARACTER
Yeah, so yeah... My arrogant and somewhat egoistic businessman who has work to do with his company, should go around with a Level 1 Negro gangster who is like "omfg dizz server is teh win how i get clothz plx and monai can u gimme som?!11one" and somehow show how the server works, ICly.

I honestly wouldn't want to lmao. I'm all for helping noobs though.

Crusty

Platinum Member
Icy_Blight said:
GeraldBrown said:
Why pick on the noobs? It's not their fault they're NEWCOMERS, everyone was a newcomer at one stage. The helpers/helper moderators should do more than manning the /n chat they should be integrated into a buddy system, this means that for a few hours maybe they'd go around with that new comer, get involved in some role play scenes with them, show them the ropes, teach them how the server works IN CHARACTER
Yeah, so yeah... My arrogant and somewhat egoistic businessman who has work to do with his company, should go around with a Level 1 Negro gangster who is like "omfg dizz server is teh win how i get clothz plx and monai can u gimme som?!11one" and somehow show how the server works, ICly.

Lol, true. They ask like 500 questions per minute when all of the RP servers have basically the same features, rules, commands and shit.

Mathers

Donator
Jeremy_Cortez said:
Icy_Blight said:
GeraldBrown said:

Lol, true. They ask like 500 questions per minute when all of the RP servers have basically the same features, rules, commands and shit.
Or a simpler way to solve the noob problem - MAKE THE FUCKING RP TEST HARDER for example

What do the terms OOC & IC mean?
A. Out of Context & In Context
B. Out of Car & In Car
C. Out of Character & In Character
D. Out of Commitment & In Commitment

Most noobs that get the questions wrong - We all know that they keep doing it until they click one they haven't clicked but how about this - They click the wrong answer three times they're banned from the server completely? It's harsh but needed

Nikita_Cherdenko

Noobs are noobs, helping them won't change that, having some helper follow you round would be annoying if you're an expirienced RPer, and even if someone's new they learn the old fashioned way, not by people following them round there'd be mass attempted DM, they way this server needs to survive is get some active gangs, get an anti-cheat that fucking works, fix the bugs and that's it, they can't RP for people, they have to do that themselves.

Crusty

Platinum Member
GeraldBrown said:
Jeremy_Cortez said:
Icy_Blight said:
GeraldBrown said:

Noobs pass the test and then some ask in /o omg wtf is rp, i can do it

Or a simpler way to solve the noob problem - MAKE THE FUCKING RP TEST HARDER

Yurik Cherdenko

Nikita_Cherdenko said:
Noobs are noobs, helping them won't change that, having some helper follow you round would be annoying if you're an expirienced RPer, and even if someone's new they learn the old fashioned way, not by people following them round there'd be mass attempted DM, they way this server needs to survive is get some active gangs, get an anti-cheat that fucking works, fix the bugs and that's it, they can't RP for people, they have to do that themselves.
You used to be a noob, everyone deserves help. Remember when you were standing on that pier with your sd pistol nd were like "yo im gangsta" then i being equally nooby was like "zomg join ma gangz" then we were in the noobiest gang ever becuase we were noobz but then we learnt due to experience. A little help is always good but I agree we shouldnt have to forceably spend a hour or so with these people as it is just unrp. Also when lvl 1's and such I meet have a good attitude towards me I reward them with invitations of help if I am not busy. Although the majority dont and Yurik dosent like that so he dosent help them. Mainly due to this mentality of rping a no fear gangsta.
Now some would say that I rp a "no fear gangsta" But I have reasons too. When I first joined the server I didnt rp a "no fear gangsta" I quietly did side jobs and fished and always being polite when rping with other players as I was new. I never even got a gun until I was level 3 when I started becoming assosicated with the criminal underworld of Marinio corp with Mikhail and Nikita. Of course this developed my character into a slightly more "hard" character. I always went around with body armour on for fear of attack by Waqqas. I was slightly less polite to people as I was normally heated. Of course when Bolsheviks split from Marinio corp my character became even "harder". I was a top figure in a key gang now not just an errand boy. Of course as the Bolsehviks grew so did my character's importance in the criminal world. I strutted around with armed guards ordering people about, taking people with me to go see people, teaching people lessons and such. Now my character really was a "no fear gangsta".
That was probably irrelevant to my point but I put it in anyway, ive actually forgotten what my point was but I set out a good structure of how people should develop their characters :D

Nikita_Cherdenko

randomise the test questions and order of answers, same questions just different orders, this would stop people trying A, B, C, D, well it wouldn't stop but it would prevent the major noobs. Another idea: people with an acc that's above lvl 3 don't have to go through tutorial while making an alt, this would pave the way for a longer time reading for spammers of /continue.

Decoy

Silver Member
The script has to be changed around a little bit. Heavy RPers cant enjoy a script like this due to the fact that everything is too easy and you can get rich in a few days. Jobs are Non RP and there are many noobs. The style of this server is too light roleplay at the moment. If people want to enjoy playing it has to be Heavy RP.