What's new

The Courts, Parole, and you as a community.

Zoltan

Faction Consultant
The Courts has been working hard to implement a Parole system onto the server. The Parole system is an opportunity for people to try and get charges removed from their record. If someone is arrested for a crime that is generally non violent and out of their nature, they would be able to apply for Parole. If the court accepts the application for Parole the defendant is placed on a Parole contract with rules and assigned a Parole Officer. A Parole Officer is a member of the Courts who is not a law enforcement officer, and who has been hand selected by me (applications will be open at a later date). Parole officers are tasked with checking up on their Parolees, ensuring they are not violating their Parole conditions, and can conduct reasonable searches of their Parolee. Upon successful completion of a Parole contract, the defendant can have the charges they were on Parole for removed and they are able to have a clean criminal record once again.

This system has been put into place for a number of reasons. First it gets the courts more active and involved in game. Second it gives players an opportunity to reform their character and have charges expunged from their record. Lastly, it encourages more passive roleplay on the server for both legal and illegal roleplayers, assuming illegal roleplayers are ICly considered fit for the parole scheme and wish to go down the path of parole. The parole system would not work without the community being willing to try out parole. The Courts would like to ask the public their opinions on the system, and get your suggestions on the system which so far hasn't had any public influence. Please, give us your comments and questions about the system, and let us know how you think that it could be improved.

Cave has been appointed as the guy who will be the supervisor and guy really running the Parole system internally with me overlooking him. So I along with him and other members of the courts are open to hear what you have to say.
Cave said:

Stunna

Gold Member
Sounds good.

How long is the parole period?

What happens if a player doesn't log in during their parole period? Will the period pause?

Zoltan said:
tagmydude

1SKZ

Donator
Stunna said:
How long is the parole period?
I'd assume it depends on the charge. Lighter charges would/should be plausible for a more lenient period.

Stunna said:
What happens if a player doesn't log in during their parole period? Will the period pause?
I'd assume it's kind of like how license suspensions work currently. When you aren't in-game, the timer doesn't go down.

Cheesy

Gold Member

come on, we need some marshal/parole faction or subdivision of the state courts now, it's a too good opportunity to pass up on, we wanted something like this for doc for so long.

i'm not sure about cave being the supervisor of anything legal tho

LegendKiller

Donator
It's perfect, sealing and expungement is a must, especially for those who need a clean record in order to apply for a job (non violent crimes though). To put that aside, it creates a great opportunity for those who seek some passive roleplay and character development.

It's been a while since i've been waiting for this; Thanks.