What's new

Tester applications CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

fr0st

SysAdmin
System Administrator
rkpThmh.png

We are looking for talented members of the community to join the tester team to work alongside our existing team in testing code changes, reporting bugs, etc.​

Our workflow involves professional bug reporting/team collaboration software (JIRA) which is used by tons of Fortune 500 companies. You will get REAL experience working with software development (to some degree), quality assurance, bug testing, and working with others. These skills can be carried over into the real world. A lot of companies use JIRA, and if you familiarize yourself with it, you can easy transfer your knowledge for use in any other JIRA instance.

We have a surprising amount of automation in RC-RP which makes life easier for testers and makes things exceedingly efficient. Further details will be provided upon hiring.

Duties of a tester involve:

Reporting bugs, reproducing bug reports made by users
Quality assurance testing on changes/new features within the gamemode
Early-access to brand new RC-RP features, and a first look into major gamemode updates
Handle master account applications to the server

If you feel that you would be good at testing bugs and/or working with others, please apply. Use the format below to send in your application. Everything you need to fill in is marked in red text. Send it to me in a PM please

Tester applications will CLOSE 10/19/2019 at which point the person(s) hired will be notified.

Thank you,
-fr0st
Head of Testers

Code:
[CENTER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rkpThmh.png[/IMG]

[COLOR=#0080BF][SIZE=4]Tester Application[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][Insert Forum Name][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[hr][/hr]
[B][CENTER][SIZE=6]General information[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Master Account Name:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR]
[B]Characters:[/B]
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][Insert character names here][/COLOR]

[B]Total Time Played:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B]Registration Date:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B]Timezone:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[B]List of all factions you're currently in:[/B] [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[B]Do you possess a working microphone and do you have access to teamspeak?:[/B]  [I]Yes/No[/I]

[hr][/hr]

[B][CENTER][SIZE=6]Technical Questions[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B]

[I]Please note: It is okay if you are unable to answer all these questions. You are not required to know a programming language or know the ins and outs of some of these questions. All we ask is that do your best and answer with as much as detail as possible.[/I]

• [B]Have you ever had a suggestion accepted? If so, what was your suggestion? If not, do you have any suggestions that you feel should have been accepted? Please give as many relevant details as possible and explain why you think your suggestion would fir RC:RP. If you have multiple suggestions, feel free to list them all.[/B]
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][I]Answer here[/I][/COLOR]

• [B]Have you ever found a bug on the main server? If so, did you report it and was the bug fixed? If possible, link to your bug report(s).[/B]

• [B]Do you have any experience with any programming languages? If so, which languages and how proficient are you? If possible, examples of code you've written may be reviewed.[/B]

• [B]Have you ever worked in a position similar to what you're applying for now? What was the position and what will you bring from that position into the Tester team?[/B]

• [B]Why are you applying for this position? What is it about the tester team that you find interesting?[/B]

• [B]What is the most serious punishment you have received on RC:RP? When was it? What have you learned from said punishment?[/B]

• [B]Any other comments, that you feel may help with your application?[/B]

I [COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)][Insert name here][/COLOR], confirm that I have read the opening post regarding tester recruitment and understand that if I am found to be leaking information from the any private means of communication, including but not limited to Discord, Teamspeak and the private development forum. You may be permanently banned from Red County Roleplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.