What's new

Denied Taxi NPC suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waqqa

I don't really know if this could be done, anyway here it is. So, maybe not right now but later server will be filled with cars, and newbies won't be able to get cars that easy. I'd like to suggest an idea i came up with randomly.

So the NPC would be a Taxi driver which would receive a phone call, from a player writing /call 444. The NPC would receive players location, and would go to him and pick him up. Now the complicated part is how to order a NPC where to go. This seem to be very hard, but it could work via GPS of a player. When a player gets into a NPC taxi, he could use his GPS to order a NPC where to drive.
NPC would drive to the checkpoint, example BlueBerry General Store. After a drop, taxi NPC shoud return to the Cabbie Co, and wait for another call.

-Tell me if could be possibly done.

Din_Viesel

Donator
It IS possible. I saw NPC taxi driver in few fun servers, but I never used them so i dont know how it works...

Akira

Bronze Member
It is possible, but it's VERY VERY hard to do it, since alec has to set the coordinates of everything (Turns, max speed... names of places...). And that will be a no =\

Alec

Retired Admin
A more possible thing to do will be have a marker at the Cabbie Co and have /taxi to "spawn" an NPC taxi.
Then you choose a destination from a list like /gps.

Icy

Gold Member
Alec said:
A more possible thing to do will be have a marker at the Cabbie Co and have /taxi to "spawn" an NPC taxi.
Still /nosupport. I don't want 35 people spawning 35 cabs just to fill the server up. NPC = Player Slot...

Alec

Retired Admin
Icy_Blight said:
Alec said:
Still /nosupport. I don't want 35 people spawning 35 cabs just to fill the server up. NPC = Player Slot...
You can disconnect (+1 player slot again) a bot once the fare is over and if there is already 3 on it could say: "No taxi drivers avaliable right now."

Icy

Gold Member
Alec said:
Icy_Blight said:
Alec said:
You can disconnect (+1 player slot again) a bot once the fare is over and if there is already 3 on it could say: "No taxi drivers avaliable right now."
True, true.

john_murray7

Banned
Dont you have to record the paths of NPC or what? I used to do some NPC but it failed so I rage quited. If there were +120 player slots NPC's would do good.

Mikhail.I

Platinum Member
Aleksei said:
Dont you have to record the paths of NPC or what? I used to do some NPC but it failed so I rage quited. If there were +120 player slots NPC's would do good.
I don't want RCRP to have a bad playerbase as Valhalla, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.