What's new

Denied Suggestion: Fire Brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathers

Donator
All right. Basically at this current moment there's no real point in the Fire Brigade (Unless they like responding to noobish terrorist attacks). When the Fire Brigade are called out the fire (that you can see) is all ready gone.

So I was thinking of a system that could be implemented for a more realistic fire-brigade other than them spraying from a truck with non-rp at nothing.

Fire fighters will receive a message in red saying "Car/Building (Description) is on fire"

Fire starter commands: (These commands are for people setting something on fire)
/fueladd (Must have fuel can in inventory to add fuel to a building/car, also must be in the building/car in question)
/lightfuel (Must have a lighter in inventory to do this command, must be inside/near the building/car that has /fueladd added to it, will take five minutes to fully light (irl time))

When the above commands are used (and fire has been successfully lit) the Fire-brigade will be able to do these actions at the scene:
/Unreelhose (Done from inside/near the fire-truck)
/Hoseon (Turns on the hose/water)
/DouseFire (Douses any near by fire in water - Takes 5 minutes (irl) to fully douse fire - It can either fail or succeed. Read below if it fails)

Success in putting it out
After /dousefire and Five minutes (irl) has passed, if you succeed in putting out the fire this message will be displayed: Like the message when you catch a fish but:
"John_Smith has brought the fire under control extinguishing it"

Failing to put the fire out
After /dousefire and five minutes (irl) has passed, if it decides you fail to put out the fire this message will be displayed:
"The fire rages out of control John_Smith is unable to extinguish it"

Further info on what happens if you fail to put it out
If you fail - The building/car will be locked for one day. And cannot be "/ram" by police, or broken into or unlocked by the owner. If people try to /enter (or if its a car press f or enter button) This message will be displayed "This building/car is under maintenance for fire damage". And under the message will be a timer showing how long is left before it reopens/unlocks.

Further detail
When someone starts a fire, before using the commands - They must role play getting everything together. For example: Going to the shops to buy fuel cans, and a lighter etc. They must also role play setting everything up before torching it (with the commands) for example:

For buildings (example)
/me spills petrol over the walls and floor
/me douses the furniture in petrol
/me covers the entrance in petrol
/me takes out his lighter, holding and locking the ignition switch in place
/me tosses the lighter to the petrol on the wall
/do the fuel catches fire
/me runs to the door
/me gets out the building
/fueladd
/lightfuel
/exit

For cars (Example)
/me smashes the cars window
/do the window smashes
/me douses the interior in petrol
/me covers the exterior in petrol
/me lights a match
/do the car bursts into flames from inside
/fueladd (whilst in passenger seat/driver seat)
/lightfuel (whilst in passenger seat/driver seat)
"Press f/enter"

When a building/car is on fire, the owner of the building/vehicle will be notified that it's on fire. However any players near the building/vehicle will also be notified that whatever has been lit, is on fire. It's up to them to notify the Fire Brigade (/Call 911) and have the fire put out. Fire Brigade cannot respond if they're not notified by anyone near/owner the building/vehicle.

Major_Mugel

Retired Admin
I want to add something to avoid abusing this :
These command should only be enabled if fire fighters are online. Otherwise people will abuse this like hell.

/SUPPORT

Greez,
Major Mugel

Icy

Gold Member
Well... somewhat /support

But you do know, that fire isn't synced globally in SAMP right?

If you script a fire to happen at one point in Fort Carson, and your friend in Montgomery drives over there to see it, he cannot. Only the people close to it when it starts can. (If I'm correct)

Harold

Silver Member
Icy_Blight said:

If you script a fire to happen at one point in Fort Carson, and your friend in Montgomery drives over there to see it, he cannot. Only the people close to it when it starts can. (If I'm correct)
Here comes Jake with his smart ass Speaches :D

Yamazaki

Donator
Damian_Clerks said:
Icy_Blight said:

Here comes Jake with his smart ass Speaches :D

Status
Not open for further replies.