What's new

Denied Suggestion - 'Assistant' rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Gold Member
We all know the shitty problems with noobs fucking the server up when no admins are on.

But we can't just make all players admins as that'll fuck up the server. Yet we cannot let this continue.

So, my suggestion is adding a new sort of admin/moderater called Assistant. ANYONE who meets these requirements can become Assistant, and there is no limit on how many there can be.

Requirements:
- Must have been on the server for more than a month
- Must be well known and supported by the community, or the majority
- Must be a good roleplayer
- And have an admin or moderators /support (Any of them is fine)

Commands for Assistant:
- /ajail 1-30 minutes - Not 60 minutes as it would be abused if one is raging.
- /kick - So the Assistant can remove pesky noobs and whatnot
- /as(if this isn't used) - Chat for assistants only. Cyan color?
- /ann(or whatever the Announcement command is) - So the Assistant can broadcast a message or information to all of the server if Global OOC is disabled. Useful for warnings etc.
- /mute - Obviously for spammers and stuff like that. Would greatly help the server.

EDIT: If a Rank 1-3 admin/moderator is online, they can disable the Assistant's commands if they feel they are not needed. But when no admins/moderators are on, their powers are always enabled.

EDIT: Should Assistants recieve /reports and /assistance calls? I personally think so. Opinions please.

With this being implemented, we would start to see a lot more peace on the server, since there would almost always be someone online who can handle noobs, hackers, non-rp'ers, DM'ers, shit like that. They cannot ban, and they cannot do any serious harm. But the things they can do, they are trusted with because they are respected players. Assistant is not an admin rank, but should be seen as a "Helper" status, just with more commands.

I know a lot of people who I think this would suit, but who wouldn't be fit for moderator, or just don't want that much responsibility.

What do you think? I'm sorry if this is too much like Helper Mod, but I don't know their commands.

Belgier

Donator
Requirements:
- Must have been on the server for more than a month rather 2 months
- And have an admin or moderators /support (Any of them is fine) more like, have to be selected by one, and both Alec and Ian have to agree first

We can't take a risk really

Icy

Gold Member
Joey Belgier said:
Requirements:
- Must have been on the server for more than a month rather 2 months
- And have an admin or moderators /support (Any of them is fine) more like, have to be selected by one, and both Alec and Ian have to agree first

We can't take a risk really
I agree, but still there is no risk.

I'm probably gonna sound fucking full of myself now but oh well, here's some players that would be fit for this
Richard Locke
Major Mugel
Mikhail Izmailov
William Cambridge(not mod plz)
Joey Belgier
Niels Stumpf(if he can handle his rage lmao)
Alex McLovin
Lex Waqqa
Yurik Cherdenko

Wouldn't you trust those persons? I doubt any of them would be a risk with these commands in their hands.

Icy

Gold Member
Mikhail_Izmailov said:
Add Yurik there. He's badass.
Done. I don't know him much though, so can't tell. Did I spell his name right...

Major_Mugel

Retired Admin
I like that.. Could at least get some test periode to see if ppl abuse it. But I think the listed people will do a good job as Assistants..

@Icy: Please add my alt to my name -> Volker Fleischer ... since Im not so active with my main char Major Mugel. Just waiting for Epsilon to get the internals and getting official.. Then, I guess, I will be very active with Major Mugel again..

Yurik Cherdenko

I support but without the A-jail as a rager might a jail the whole server for 30 mins which is worse than a kick

Fox

Banned
Icy_Blight said:
I'm probably gonna sound fucking full of myself now but oh well, here's some players that would be fit for this
Richard Locke
Major Mugel
Mikhail Izmailov
William Cambridge(not mod plz)
Joey Belgier
Niels Stumpf(if he can handle his rage lmao)
Alex McLovin
Lex Waqqa
Yurik Cherdenko

Wouldn't you trust those persons? I doubt any of them would be a risk with these commands in their hands.
Seriously, we do not need your input on who should be a Moderator. I really disagree with the whole "assistant mod" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.