What's new

sudden increase of ping / ping spike

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazarus

Silver Member
Hey so I just re-installed my gta as I wanted to get rid of the unnecessary mods I installed from my previous game so I had to re-install it. But right after re-installing it, I'm now experiencing a sudden increase of my ping. Since I'm playing in Asia, my usual ping goes around 240-350 but now my ping goes 490-800. I had to open task manager every time and set sa-mp and gta.exe priorities to Real Time just so that I can smoothly play the game but I don't want to do this all the time as this is not good for my laptop as well considering it fucks up some processes. There is also nothing wrong with my internet as well.

I already deleted all the files that was in the %temp% folder and already did the manual ipconfig /flush dns in the cmd prompt as what I dug up from the previous issues like this one here but nothing seems to be working. I just want to play the game normally again without any problem and hope to fix this problem ASAP. Thanks!

Cosmos

Bronze Member
Have you ruled out the possiblity of your ISP throttling your internet speed after reaching your max quota yet? Installing or uninstalling GTA shouldn't affect your ping.

Scumpy

Diamond Member
Mods have no effect on your ping and majority of the time mods control the FPS count. I'd recommend you to check out your WIFI, itself.

Thekillergreece

Donator
x2et7ba.png

This topic has been archived due to one of the reasons below:

• The topic is outdated.
  • The topic is deemed as inappropriate.
  • Forum rules were broken.
  • The topic is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.